Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
PHugger's profile

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jul 1, 2022 2:51 PM

No 5G Coverage at my home - Woodbridge, NJ 07095

I only get LTE coverage at my home, both indoors and out - NEVER 5g.

I just spent 2 weeks on a small island off of Cape Cod with a single (only carrier) AT&T tower. I enjoyed 5G the entire time I was there. This tells me that there is no problem with my phone or plan. How can I get some real help with this problem? Can someone explain why I have no 5G coverage?

Best regards,
PCH
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

1分前

5G coverage is still not everywhere yet. I use LTE exclusively in our area because 5G is still spotty and WiFi-C in-home because LTE is variable in our home.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

1分前

5G is still new. If you remember back 10 years when LTE was first becoming populous, it took several years before it was everywhere and provided good LTE coverage. As long as you have good LTE, then At&t has done its job.  5g is included, it's not extra $$

No carrier guarantees 5G, they do brag about it, but they do not guarantee 5G in any location.

• 

2 Messages

1分前

Guarantees aside, is it false advertising? Is it wrong to say your area is covered when in fact it is not?  If I wait enough years maybe I'll eventually get genuine 5G.....

Best regards,

PCH

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

1分前

Technically no. Coverage maps always have to be taken with a big grain of salt. If the provider can cover a given area with a detectable signal that's all that is required. They don't have to prove, as far as I know, that the signal is usable. I can get the occasional 5G signal in my area but it's useless. That's why I stick with LTE for now.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

1分前

Its not like ATT does not warn you on the coverage map.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.