Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Check for service outages
Sherry Ivey's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 13th, 2022 2:09 AM

New Service and legal terms and agreements

I don’t agree with the terms and conditions that they’re giving me on my account service wise or legal wise and it said that if you didn’t agree to hit contact us and I did, but it’s not giving me the option to get or communicate where I need to or I’m not getting the option to hit you know disagreed with service and legal terms, but he did say that if I didn’t agree with it with the service and legal terms to contact which I tried and I’ve already spoke to a representative one time about it over the phone but nothing got resolved so can someone reach out and contact me? I have the right department contact me. It said that if I don’t agree. With the service and legal terms agreement to contact them it said that I could send the AT&T device back and be to be out contract is my understanding. I don’t agree with those terms or in agreements and I would love to send AT&T their device back and get out of contract because I was only supposed to pay eight dollars a month. Even got it on and an email. And somehow which the customer representative said it was, AT&T’s fault that I was not even getting a credit for my trade-in, anymore which there is supposed to be working on it and I have not heard anything back on it yet, but they were supposed to be working on it and credits that I was supposed to be getting and I even have all this in email however, I don’t agree with the rules are the terms and conditions service wise are legal. I don’t agree on their legal terms agreements, so it said like I said to send the device back to be a contract. And I’m just asking is AT&T going to or willing to give me my iPhone 10 XS 512 GB gold R1 lock my phone replacement of that one or the $700 credit for my trade-in so hopefully on here someone can get someone to contact me to get this taken care of because I feel fast in their device back and I want to because this one is messed up even had problems today. I’m trying to pay a bill where when I push in my area code it wouldn’t let me push it and I had to talk it and on their app I had to push it in and I was able to so I had to come back tomorrow but that’s just one of the issues with this phone and service along with the others that I spoke of AT&T has away charged me more for this device than what I was supposed to have been paying even before some how before they messed up and started trying or said it would be fixed.I don’t know a lot to deal with.Along with other issues with this billing and service.I had problems with my service even today.

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

4 months ago

Your trade in won’t be returned. Don’t agree with terms then no service. There is no contract. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

4 months ago

It seems very clear you have absolutely no idea what's going on.

AT&T would not have sold/mailed you a phone or agreed to give you service had you not signed the terms and conditions and agreed to them. So that ship has sailed. 

You don't know how the trade-in deal works. If you've already handed in your phone, you can't get it back. AT&T does not have it and they cannot make Hyla mobile send it back as it is now their property. They do not owe you a like replacement.

You had 30 days to send in your old phone and 14 days to return your new phone and cancel service. 

If you are still within the first 14 days since your purchase, and there is something wrong with the phone, contact AT&T about a replacement. If you are past the 14-day return window you must do a warranty replacement which is free, but you are not going to like the terms.  Warranty guarantees you a like replacement but cannot guarantee color.   

As for that bit about the bill that made absolutely no sense. 

The iPhone 10 XS is not on the top trade in tier.  It's only getting $350 trade on on the iPhone 14.

https://www.att.com/buy/legal/22100050

Doesn't matter what you were told or what you think you were told. What matters is the fine print.

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I’m just asking for them to send me a replacement device that I had traded in sent that I’m sending their devices back and after months of dealing with issues with Att services I would’ve traded it in because it’s paid for if it wouldn’t for their service issues I wouldn’t be in this predicament and I will still have my divorce and they’re changing venue, service terms and agreement policies AT&T us and you have the option if you do not agree to send a device back and cancel service the phone that they sent me it’s only worth the $800 now and I am sending their device back I feel like they should send mine back and this iPhone 13th is worth of $800. They’re charging us over 1000 to their customers.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

4 months ago

@Sherry Ivey

🤦🏼‍♀️. Not gonna happen.  You signed an agreement.  AT&T has every right and will hold you to it.

You can't revoke the agreement after the fact. (seriously?) 

Pay off the phone and unlock it

Then switch where you want. 

That's your only way out of at&t without ruined credit and no phone. 

The time to deal with "service issues" was within the 14 day return window, before you traded in the old phone. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

4 months ago

The community guidelines don't allow multiple posts on the same topic or cross posts.  And it's not like the answer will change. 

https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-account/trade-in-device/634e4175d030ba1666829a19

https://forums.att.com/conversations/apple/i-feel-att-need-to-replace-my-tradein/634e4f384eb1b9289573365c

I've linked the other posts 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

4 months ago

One post says you're a 20 year customer? 

Clearly not a service issue. 

IPhones are direct warranty with Apple. The defective device should be evaluated and if needed, replaced by Apple.  AT&T is not permitted to warranty Apple defects

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.