Check for service outages
margaretbehn's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 3:34 AM

NEED TOWERS

We will be transitioning from Alltel to AT&T very soon.  We live in an area where there are no Alltel  NOR  any  AT&T  towers.  We need better service for our area.  Why can't AT&T provide more towers to the Deshler, OHIO, Henry County area?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@margaretbehn wrote:

We will be transitioning from Alltel to AT&T very soon.  We live in an area where there are no Alltel  NOR  any  AT&T  towers.  We need better service for our area.  Why can't AT&T provide more towers to the Deshler, OHIO, Henry County area?

This is a great idea.  If AT&T were to start today, by the time they could get regulatory approvals and get a tower constructed, it would be 3-5 years before you could see any improvements in coverage.  The worse part is, that is assuming that they don't run into any issues along the way.  SOme communities are refusing to allow permits for new cell antenna towers, so is the government in that area wanted to they could prevent AT&T from doing anything...

Guru

• 

396 Messages

10 years ago

@margaretbehn wrote:

You're not the Lone Ranger.   Here on heavily populated Long Island we do have service....in some areas.  In other areas the service is still spotty to non-existent.

As GeekBoy said, I suspect that the problem is often NIMBYism.  Everyone wants solid cellular coverage but many don't want a cell tower in line-of-site distance.  No cell tower....no service.

However, at least one area I'm thinking of, Commack, NY, is an area full of stores, shops, and shopping centers.  I can't imagine anyone objecting to a cell site on top of one of those stores, yet AT&T's coverage there is poor-to-nil and I haven't seen any evidence that they care or are working on fixing it.

It's disappointing in this day and age, but I think we're still decades away from having solid coverage nationwide.

edit:  As long as you're switching to AT&T anyway, you might want to consider getting a MicroCell for your home.  With it you'd at least have coverage there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.