Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 28, 2015 3:40 AM

Micro cell availability

I live in a rural area of South Dakota. Cell service has always been poor across all carriers, but a micro cell has finally made it to the top of my "to buy" list. I go to the AT & T site to learn that is not available in my area. Does anyone know what the roll out plan or qualifications for service area are? Can I buy one of the used 3G units from eBay and fire it up? If not, does anyone have a helpful suggestion for those that live out in the middle of nowhere?

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hey there @FTKD605

If your address is not listed as being within the Microcell Coverage Area via www.att.com/microcell we would be unable to guarantee that the device would function correctly. Additional requirements for Microcell use are:

• 3G, 4G, or LTE-capable AT&T phone with an AT&T SIM card
  • An active myAT&T account
  • Broadband Internet service with minimum download speeds of 1.5Mbps and upload speeds of 256Kbps are required. The AT&T MicroCell is compatible with any broadband service with the exception of satellite and wireless broadband (satellite and wireless broadband are not compatible)
  • The MicroCell must be placed in a location where it can acquire and maintain a GPS Lock. (Recommended 3 feet from window)

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question