Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 16, 2014 4:27 PM

LTE Coming to Wausau, WI? When?

It's kind of funny how LTE goes up to Stevens Point and then according to the coverage map it skips Marathon county and is in Merrill. I had the privilege to try it out last weekend in Plover and the speedtest showed a ping of 79ms, 39.70 download, 8.17 up. That is awesome!

Is there a time-frame to expect it in Wausau?

That $30 per month would be so much easier to pay if we had LTE coverage here in Wausau. The current 4G (129ms, 3.71 down, 0.19 up) feels like expensive dial-up compared to LTE and makes other up to date networks more appealing for the money. The fact that my contract is almost expired really begs the question, if LTE is coming to Wausau, when will it be?

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I agree 100%.  Its very frustrating that there are no updates available on timing either.  Seems to be LTE on the west side of town, but in Wausau itself and east there is not.  Would be great to get some sort of update on the progress rather than stare at my phone each night to see if LTE suddenly pops up!   I'm getting so annoyed that I'm seriously considering switching.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Spoke to someone at AT&T yesterday:  LTE will be fully rolled out in certain areas by the end of November. These areas are currently in test mode.  Other areas in Wausau are being delayed by delays in fiber optic installations.  Either way, it appears that all of Wausau will be covered by LTE by year's end.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Finally am receiving full 4G LTE at my address just east of wausau. Download speeds approaching 20.  Unfortunately, this coverage currently consists of a very small area and it is somewhat intermittent.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come soon.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well, looks like I was wrong: ATT technical support just confirmed that 4g lte will not be available in the area I live in  (just east of Wausau on Townline) until 2017.  That said, the map still indicates that the entire area is 4gLTE.  I wasted over a year waiting on the promise of faster internet while paying exorbinant fees.  Thankfully I found a different solution. Can't wait for Verizon to become a real player in the area, however. 

Get started...

Ask a new question