Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 8, 2014 7:36 PM

LTE Bands in my area?

I'm wondering if you can please tell me what band(s) AT&T LTE uses in my area.  I'm looking at possibly buying an off-contract phone from a third party and want to be sure it matches with the LTE available in my area, Iowa City, IA.

Thank you.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

6 years ago

bands 2,4,5,17 have to be in the phone for it to work with LTE.  Each tower could have a different band in your area.  Here in central IL we have 4,5,17 in a 35 mile drive from work to home.

LTE discovery from the play store will tell you what band your on if your using android

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I live in Wheeling, IL and thinking of purchasing the Hongmi Note Enhanced Version 5.5.

I just don't know how to interprete its LTE specs, to be sure I'll be able utilize them in my area.

Can you help? Here are the specs from Amazon page: 

Network: 4G (FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz/TDD-LTE 2600MHz) 3G (WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz) 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz)

Thak you in advance.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

6 years ago

@ c0mmun1cat0r
I am guessing not. As an international version, you will have no warranty coverage in the USA.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 months ago

I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 G8341 Globally Unlocked with LTE-A Cat. 16 download/ LTE-A Cat. 4 upload. There is a Free App on Google Play called "LTE Discovery" that I use to check the LTE band I'm connected to, and to see the cell level in order to see how much carrier aggression I am receiving: Level 4 means 4x carrier aggression or LTE-A Cat. 13 through LTE-A Cat. 16 (4 lanes per cell x 4 cells gives you Cat. 16), Level 3 means 3x carrier aggression or LTE-A Cat. 9 through LTE-A Cat. 12 (4 lanes per cell x 3 cells gives you Cat. 12), etc. So right now at my apartment in Toledo, OH I am on Band 2 with a Level 3 tower connection, resulting in me getting LTE-A Cat. 12 speeds. When I lived across the street from the tower, I would have Level 4 tower connection, resulting in LTE-A Cat. 16 speeds, which is a huge difference: Cat. 12 speeds I'm getting about 45-60Mbps download/10-12Mbps upload whereas LTE-A Cat. 16 speeds im getting 100-125Mbps download/ 18-30Mbps upload.

Get started...

Ask a new question