Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Mar 26, 2015 4:53 PM

Leaving the country

I'm going to Germany, France and Switzerland in 4 weeks for 10 days. I was wondering if my phone will still work the same or so I need to do something?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Erikanb7 wrote:
I'm going to Germany, France and Switzerland in 4 weeks for 10 days. I was wondering if my phone will still work the same or so I need to do something?

Yes, it will work the same but since you will be roaming on a foreign carrier's network, there will be additional charges for any calls, texts and cellular data usage. Those additional charges can get quite high, especially if you don't have an international plan. To prevent international data charges, you should turn "data roaming" off and only turn it on when you want to use celluar data. You might also consider getting an international plan for your trip, infomation on international plans including rates if you don't have a plan are here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/roaming.html

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question