For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
j.holmes's profile

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 4:35 PM

Is anyone else experiencing issues with AT&T 5G speeds

I live in Atlanta, GA and the 5G speeds here are terribly slow throughout the city.  I feel misled and lied to.  If I knew the 5G speeds were going to be subpar, I would not have purchased new iPhone devices nor changed my wireless plan.  

Is anyone else experiencing slow 5G speeds and what are you doing?  I contacted AT&T only to be referred to the small print in their marketing material.  Below is marketing copied verbatim from AT&T's website.  How can they get away with lying to people so boldly?  

--

Transforming the future with AT&T 5G

Everyone's talking about AT&T 5G - the next generation of wireless technology enabling faster network speeds & driving new innovations.

Use the information on this page to learn how AT&T is making the promise of 5G real for you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

its a new service its bound to have hiccups, i remember when LTE was first rolled out it was pretty un usable for a little while

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

3 years ago

That is a fair point.  However, I believe AT&T should be more transparent opposed to simply referring to the fine print when you contact them.  Notably, my decisions were motivated by the bold print.  

Moving to the new wireless plan w/ 5G access, I forfeited the free WatchTV option.  Additionally, If it is going to take AT&T a year or more to get it together, I would have waited for the next iteration of the iPhone.  

(edited)

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue in Tampa.  We got 2 iPhone 12 Pro’s.  I actually have to take them off 5g as in many places I cannot get any data connection.  The phone will have bars but no data.  It is actually happening in quite a few places.  I hope they get a grip on this soon.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

3 years ago

I now wish I would have kept my older devices and remained on the old wireless plan.

Someone from AT&T reached out today to suggest they would offer a concession for me to return the iPhone 12’s, however they would not offer any compensation for the iPhone X and iPhone 8 that I traded-in.  

How does that make me whole?  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.