For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
razuco's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 13th, 2014 1:14 PM

iPhone 6 WiFi calling

Hi, I just read an article about wifi calling on the iPhone 6 not being supported until sometime in 2015. It was the feature I was most excited about as I have terrible service in my house and marginal service at my place of business. It's disappointing to here the CEO state that that there is "no burning desire" to improve coverage as the ATT network is strong. That may be the case for the majority of customers, but not for all customers. Having some sense of urgency from the leadership to improve coverage with wifi calling or anything else at there disposable for that matter would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I couldn't agree more.  I was appalled to read about Ralph de la Vega's comments to the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, indicating that "AT&T doesn’t need to play that game" because their coverage is so good.  This dismissive attitude towards the daily problems millions of customers experience either inside of buildings or outside of urban areas with dropped calls or complete lack of signal suggests he is either totally ignorant or could care less about the individual.  AT&T has known about wifi calling coming on the iPhone 6 for a long time and surely could have had this avalable at launch.  It just seems to me that, in spite of all the marketing hype, they don't really give a ___ about our day to day experience i using their network.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Is that just for the iPhone 6? I have the same issue with coverage at home, but I have the iPhone 5.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

It's true for any iPhone that will run iOS 8.  Wifi calling is a feature of iOS 8.  Yes, it would therefore apply to the iPhone 5.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

You could always use the ATT Microcell which creates a 4g signal from your wifi network.  I had one for 2 years before att built a tower closer to my house.  At the time I got it for free since signal strengths at my house were ZERO bars.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Solves a problem at my house, but not at work.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.