Check for service outages
joryjmnz24's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 26th, 2022 4:19 PM

iPhone 12 Internet Connection and Cell Service Issues

Not really sure were to go from here. Ever since starting service with At&t in June of 2021 my wife has had awful service, to the point where her At&t phone was the only unusable At&t phone in a group of At&t customers while in Denver, CO where everyone else had 5G and at least 4G LTE. Ultimately culminating in my wife not even being able to send texts or make calls or connect to the internet. Meanwhile my FirstNet phone operates just fine in all the placed her does not.

In the last 3 weeks I have had all the setting on my wife's iPhone 12 reset, 2 different sim cards swapped, network settings changed, a visit with Geek Squad who have "never seen a phone do this", a visit to the Apple genius bar who "have never seen a phone do this" but weren't getting any diagnostic warnings when they scan it, the phone was mailed to Cupertino, CA for more in-depth diagnostics which produced no issues for Apple who said it was a carrier issue, back to At&t who finally said "someone entered the IMEI wrong. Customer retention offered us a whopping $25 then finally agreed to waive this months bill. The phone worked relatively well for a few days and its already back to disconnecting from the internet and having PDP authentication issues saying "Coul dnot activate cellular data network". I am not going to swap even more sim cards or factory reset the phone AGAIN. Or let At&t and Apple just keep punting the issue back and forth. Especially since it's obviously a service issue since she had the same issues on the loaner phone Apple gave her.

Unless there is something someone else can think of that the At&t store and several techs on several phone calls couldn't figure out it seems like its time to throw enough of a fit to get my contract cancelled and file some FCC complaints. Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

File the FCC complaint. It’s clearly an issue with her line, not a phone issue. Issues like that require the smartest people ATT has working on it. The FCC complaint will get you a response from corporate and they can get the right people working on your issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.