For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Gaurimac's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 16th, 2023 11:08 AM

International pay per use activation

Hi,

I want to activate international pay per use rate on one of the line but don't see any option through AT and T app.

Can anyone guide how to activate this service.

Currently the user is in India and see no Network signals, it is very urgent right now.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

11 months ago

I assume that this person is on a postpaid plan. Prepaid does not roam in India at all.

Since you are indicating this person has no service at all I am wondering if they have an incompatible phone, or incompatible service.

If you log into your account, select the users line, select features add ons.  $0 travel pay-per use should be listed as one of the features. Checking the box next to that feature should permit it on the line.

I strongly advise adding international day pass. This will of course override pay per use and charge a $10 per day charge for even minimal usage. The cost for international data is $2.05 per megabyte. Calls can be $3 a minute or more text messages sent are 50 cents multimedia messages sent or $1.30. But it's the day that it gets you $2 and $0.05 per megabyte can add up very quickly to hundreds or thousands of dollars

And that the user has a phone that is compatible with global service. For example most flagship phones, iPhones, have connectivity bands that will work anywhere. Bargain Androids sold for AT&T prepaid are meant to work in North America and will likely not work outside of North America.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.