We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
Check for service outages
T

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 4:29 PM

international Passport NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years, and I will be leaving AT&T as soon as I can. That you got rid of your International Passport plans shows me that you're not interested in keeping customers. If I'm traveling overseas, you expect me to pay $300 extra for a month of service? That's ridiculous and unrealistic. A horrible horrible decision. I hope you lose many many customers because of this.

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous that you don't have a customer service email address, forcing us to contact you here. You could not make it more obvious that you are not interested in helping your customers.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

1 year ago

You won’t pay $300 for a month of serviceusing the $10 day pass. You won’t be billed for more than 10 days on any billing month. If your entire trip is in the same bill cycle, $100 is all you will pay. Worst case would be $200 with 10 day pass charges falling in two bill cycles.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for that info @sandblaster 

Well, that's a perfectly sneaky scummy corporate plan to increase the monthly Passport price to $100. Also, they should probably make that aspect of the plan - max-ing out at $100 but covered for the rest of the cycle - very obviously communicated and marketed. Bad job, AT&T. Too greedy, AT&T. Goodbye, AT&T. I'm leaving.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

1 year ago

Goodbye, AT&T. I'm leaving.

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.  But before you sign up with another carrier, you might want to be sure you find out if their international policy is any different from AT&T's.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

1 year ago

This is why I never use community forums.

Yet you did.

And thanks for the wholly obvious advice that even a squirrel would already know.

So you're the the exception: A large number of posters on this forum who state they are going to quit AT&T over some policy being horrible, will find that AT&T's policy that they've declared hateful is identical to that of nearly all the other wireless carriers (and sometimes better).  For example, Verizon Wireless' TravelPass is pretty much like AT&T's, except that I've not seen a 10 day per billing cycle limit over there.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

1 year ago

@toddsomodevilla

Also, they should probably make that aspect of the plan - max-ing out at $100 but covered for the rest of the cycle

It is.  You can use it for the entire bill cycle, but cost is capped at $100.

The most recent passport plans, which as you see are no longer available we're $70 or $140 and good for one bill cycle. Each of these offered a very limited amount of data and still charged you for pbine calls at a reduced rate. So any phone calls would have increased what you would actually pay on both of the passport plans.   The passport plan also charged you a high rate if you exceeded the small amount of data you were allowed for your trip. 

The travel day pass option only charges you if you use it, because you are using your domestic plan there is no extra charges for phone calls as long as you have an unlimited calling.  

Verizon also uses day pass, it has a daily data cap, even if you have an unlimited data plan domestically.

Before you go off in a huff about changes, you might want to ask the how and why questions. 

The last couple of times I traveled outside the country the first time I paid for a passport, which was a waste because I really didn't need to spend that much money for the small amount of use. The second time I went without passport and got charged the total of $26 and change because I was careful about my usage. But I white-knuckled it the whole time knowing that if I accidentally used data or had to make a phone call I would rack up big charges. They pass eliminates that worry.   It allows you to travel wherever you like for as long as you like and if you restrict your usage as I did you would only have minimal charges for the one day or two days that you decide to actually use service. 

Some additional information:  if you turn on Wi-Fi calling and keep your phone in airplane mode, wifi back on, for your entire trip you will still be able to make and receive phone calls from the USA when you have Wi-Fi SERVICE, without any charge and without triggering day pass. 

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

1 year ago

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

1 year ago

And if you have T-Mobile you are charged per minute incoming and outgoing talk and have 2G data speed. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.