Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Check for service outages
Avalon2 's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 23, 2022 9:15 AM

International calling plan

I called 611 from the airport the other day to verify I had international calling and was told yes. I was also told to add a 1 to 611 if I needed to call back. I only get a foreign recording about wrong number regardless.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

101.8K Messages

2 months ago

😮

There's a difference between an international calling plan, which covers long distance calls from the United States to countries outside of the United States. These long distance calling plans are a $15 add-on for either free or very reduced rate for long distance calls.

OR...

A ROAMING PLAN which covers you when you leave the United States and are roaming in countries other than Canada and Mexico which may be included with your plan.   AT&t's roaming plan is called international day pass. It charges you $10 any day you use service outside of the United States to make or receive a phone call send a text message or use data. Without international day pass the pay per use cost of roaming can be expensive.   

611 and 800 numbers do not work when you are outside of the United States.

If you need to call AT&t, 

1.314.925.6925 is free from your AT&T mobile.

If while you were abroad you received a text message saying that AT&t noticed that you were roaming and would like to add international day pass you should have responded Yes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.