Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

9 Messages

Sun, Jan 26, 2020 4:16 AM

INFRASTRUCTURE

I'm reposting this since I cannot find the full text of my original post. It appears to have been truncated.

If my post is blocked, removed, truncated, or ignored, it stands to reason that the post has truth and hits a corporate nerve.

Why is it that at&t can spend 5.62 BILLION, yes BILLION, dollars on Advertising, but can NOT make a SINGLE tower 360 degrees omnidirectional so that my service doesn't completely "(Edited per community guidelines)" at $98/month.

[Original post had the word (Edited per community guidelines)s removed]

The tower I'm referring to is a leased tower located on North Glenwood Road, 1.5 miles west of Highway 11 on the Big Island of Hawai'i. On the south side of the tower, I get a whopping signal. On the north side, ONLY 0.3 MILES from the tower, virtually NO SERVICE🚫;virtually NO SERVICE🚫

I really want and need an answer to this very reasonable question.

I'm extremely brand loyal, so it's possible to infer that at&t REQUIRES this astronomical advertising budget because they aren't providing satisfactory infrastructure and service.

I'm considering posting my AGONIZING dealings with their tech support on social media.

at&t wireless doesn't need to advertise for MY sake....I'm extremely brand loyal. But the lack of satisfactory service and unbelievably marginal tech support has made me VERY ANGRY.

Recall the 1992 Mattel Barbie doll fiasco and the outrage of the Society of Women Engineers. This was BEFORE the (commercial) internet existed; the DARPA milnet version was well established. The doll was pulled off the market within weeks. This phenomenon demonstrates the absolute power of massive social media pressure.

WHY NOT SPEND MILLIONS TO IMPROVE INFRASTRUCTURE SO BILLIONS AREN'T WASTED ON ADVERTISING? Seriously.

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

a month ago

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.