Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Qualls137's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 1:11 AM

How to file a complaint about network service

Having cellphone service issues since August trouble sending text and now can't make phone calls. Just spent 3 hours on the phone to be told that they have had multiple tickets about network issues and they are working on it and it should be resolved around November 15. This is unacceptable I am to keep paying my large cellphone bill but can't use my phone when I need to and now they might have it fixed in another month. They will not credit any charges and that they are sorry. I am fed up with AT&T and can't wait to change service.  Can anyone help on where to file a complaint about service and with who?

Thank you

4 Messages

6 months ago

The AT&T coverage map shows 5G+ and I get 0G-

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

6 months ago

@ACMDM 

Well, you can start by reading the thread

And understand that it is 100% on you to do something about it.  It’s not AT&T’s responsibility because they cannot provide service everywhere. Especially not inside buildings. You had 14 days to return equipment and go back to your previous carrier..  

Any contact you’ve had with AT&T will result in the usual lip service.  Usually they’ll be the long list of things that they suggest you can do like resetting your network, settings, power cycle, and your phone on and off, replacing your phone under warranty or insurance, u mobile, sing Wi-Fi calling, and purchasing their misnomered  cell booster, which is really just an LTE microcell.  
none of that will make any difference in AT&T’s actual coverage. Which you indicate is zero.   

so the ball is in your court, do something about it

if you’re within 14 days, return your phone. If you haven’t traded in a phone yet, don’t! If you have, pay off your phone, get it unlocked, and then see if Verizon has a win back bring your own device offer..

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

6 months ago

@ACMDM  Coverage maps, by any carrier, are misleading in that they indicate how far the signal is propagated but they don't indicate usability of the signal. It's partially marketing. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is probably the best option you have for improved in-office reception, but there are caveats if your internet is maintained by an IT Department. Follow the advice from @formerlyknownas .

4 Messages

6 months ago

So, I did this incredible thing called reading the thread, and guess what? Even after conducting thorough research about the area I reside in, it miraculously boasts full coverage of the glorious 5G+ in every nook and cranny. Astounding, right? Now, here I am, reaching out to this esteemed community, not for a parade of smart-(Edited per community guidelines) comments, but for some genuine ideas that might help. Silly me.

I understand it's entirely my fault. I mean, who signs a contract for a service and expects it to, you know, actually work as advertised? Certainly not someone in a "first-world country" like ours. My bad for having such ludicrous expectations.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

6 months ago

@ACMDM  We understand that you are frustrated but there's no need to get snarky about it. We are customers just like yourself and try to offer suggestions and advice based on our experience. As I said, coverage maps need to be taken with a grain of salt. Have you tried to set your phone to LTE only to see if that works better?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

6 months ago

@ACMDM 

Certainly reading the original posters concern and complaint, and the responses to his concerns and complaints , and having an identical experience should have been enlightening to you?   No?   
Because the answer from us isn’t going to be any different.

I hadn’t even begun to be a smart🐴, because I didn’t sarcastically refer to cellular service as magical.  (But there you go)

If you would like to wait, I’m sure someone from Att help will be along with very polite and flowery language, and give you the long list of things that you can do, none of which will make any difference whatsoever. 
   They can’t tell you the truth if they want to keep their jobs, which is you are with the wrong service provider and it’s up to you to make the switch.  

As for coverage maps, if they were accurate, I would have beautiful T-Mobile service, both LTE and 5G at my home residence in my neighborhood.   And yet everyone who comes to my house to do service work has T-Mobile business and has no service. No talk, no text, no data.   Clearly, the coverage Maps are at best generalized, and should not be taken as fact.
   This is why the FCC requires all service providers to give their customers a trial. Within which they can return equipment, and return to the previous service provider, if they are in anyway unhappy with service.

There is your solution. Do with it what you will. But you aren’t going to get a different or better answer.

4 Messages

6 months ago

I apologize took you response as sarcasm so thanks for the info 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

6 months ago

Unfortunately… not at all.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

4 months ago

@NorthAmericanTelephone  Being as you have DSL, and it is wintertime, I'd check the outside wiring at the MPOE. It could be moisture on the line, or corrosion, or something similar that you can easily fix yourself. AT&T, and other ISPs, have been slowly phasing out DSL service for years so repairs is not a high priority option. It should be but it's not.

It could be an issues with CO and a failing or failed DSLAM, and that may be the part they are waiting for. One would think that they would have spare DSLAMS (if that's the issue) for times like this but we are talking AT&T.

If there are other AT&T services offered in your area now that may be why they are reluctant to prioritize repairing your DSL connection beacause they want you to upgrade. I'd look around and see if there is another provider who can offer better, and more current service to your home if AT&T doesn't get it fixed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

4 months ago

@NorthAmericanTelephone 

Your post is indicating you have a problem with internet service. This is not the internet forum this is the wireless AKA cell phone forum. Let's start by getting your post moved to the correct place...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.