Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
T

• 

3 Messages

Sun, May 24, 2020 7:57 PM

HORRENDOUS a data connection

I pay 65$ a month to get unlimited data, just for the data. I barely text or call but when I’m constantly stuck on 1 bar LTE in my own home it’s pathetic. I can barely load websites sometimes it takes over a MINUTE to load a site. I have to constantly shuffle around the house to find a spot that will actually load websites it’s terrible. As soon as the corona virus ends I’m changing carriers it’s been like this for months. I’m telling all my friends and family to switch.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

a month ago

Just because you have a poor signal in your home doesn’t mean anyone else does. No carrier guarantees coverage in any specific location, especially inside your home. You should definitely switch but just because ATT doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for others.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

My roommate uses AT&T and has great connection always, and yet mine is always terrible. Thanks for coming here and spreading your wisdom captain obvious. I should’ve specified that people in the SAME home both use AT&T

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

No reason to be snide. We were supposed to magically know that from your initial post? So do you think your roommate should switch because you have a bad signal even though they don’t? As to why your roommate gets a good signal in the same house and you don’t, there are a few possible explanations. One is their phone just gets better reception or is able to use frequency bands your phone can’t. Another possibility is if they have postpaid service, they may be using a partner tower that is closer. Prepaid is limited to ATT owned towers. There are likely other possibilities but since you provided zero information, I can only guess and/or state the obvious.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Wasn’t trying to be snide rather offer a more clear description. Thank you for for taking the time to offer explanations I think my best option would just be to change carriers.

Get started...

Ask a new question