Check for service outages
husnainriaz's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2022 11:09 AM

Emergency Call Only and No service

Hi,

I came from Pakistan 3 days ago. I activated International Roaming on my zong number. But it is not working. Sometime it shows Emergency Calls Only and sometime it turns into No Service. I activated International roaming just to receive text and OTPs. I contact zong and they said everything is fine from us. I did every possible steps to make it functional i.e. restarted mobile, changed sim slot, network auto selected, network manually selected. I am living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and using Samsung Galaxy A31. Can you help me in this regard?

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

No, weird thing is that Data is working fine on No signal.

Data lte showing but no signal bar.

No Sms, No call

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

@asifpanjwani7 

@msiddiqui353

@Affanashraf

@husnainriaz

Not weird at all.  LTE can be used for data.   But your phone isn't capable of voice calls over LTE. And there is no longer a 3g network, which your phone would have used for calls if it existed. 

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

As previously mentioned I am using samsung Z fold 4

Please tell me which handset required ?

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Screen shot attached

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Now I am attaching all screenshot

Please tell me whats the exact issue

Either this issue relate to Zong or AT&T

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Speed test result

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

@asifpanjwani7

If your Samsung phone is not a USA purchased device, and you are using someone else's SIM card which may not be provisioned for LTE voice calls in the USA, then service won't work. 

Check the imei

https://www.att.com/buy/byod/identify?devicetype=phone

If it comes back with the phone is "not compatible" with AT&T then it is not compatible with voice service over the LTE network.    If it comes back as compatible then the problem is your service provider has not provided you with a properly provisioned SIM card or service plan.

This is not AT&T's problem to fix.

There should have been information provided to you about roaming, or using cellular service in the USA by some sort of travel services. They should have indicated a proper SIM card ICC ID number, phones that will work, even service providers that you should use rather than roaming with your existing service provider.

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

As I mentioned earlier  previously its working fine this issue happened to me last 2 or 3 weeks

Screen shot attached link you provide

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

*So that means the problem is your service provider or your sim card.*

AT&T cannot fix your sim card or your service providers provisioning.   Contact Zong

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.