Check for service outages
husnainriaz's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2022 11:09 AM

Emergency Call Only and No service

Hi,

I came from Pakistan 3 days ago. I activated International Roaming on my zong number. But it is not working. Sometime it shows Emergency Calls Only and sometime it turns into No Service. I activated International roaming just to receive text and OTPs. I contact zong and they said everything is fine from us. I did every possible steps to make it functional i.e. restarted mobile, changed sim slot, network auto selected, network manually selected. I am living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and using Samsung Galaxy A31. Can you help me in this regard?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

@asifpanjwani7

AT&T is not your service provider. You need to contact your existing service provider to find out what their roaming policies and coverage is.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

Check the imei

https://www.att.com/buy/byod/identify?devicetype=phone

I suspect the phone is not capable of working on AT&T

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue suddenly my zong have no signal issue, I already contact zong team they are not issue our side, I am using samsung Z Fold 4

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I am using AT&T as roaming and this happening suddenly I am using my number just for receiving SMS. And Now its stopped and Showing no signal emergency call only

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

It's a world phone, so it's not the phone.  You had service, so roaming on at&t is possible. 

Once you rule out the phone, and roaming on at&t, the only thing is left is your service provider has cut you off. 

Contact them.  

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am facing the same issue, did you find a fix?

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@Affanashraf Nope. It is not fixed. Literally tried everything.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I am also facing this issue. I came to the states a few months ago and my Zong SIM was on roaming and it was working perfectly fine. But out of nowhere it just stopped working, getting No Service 2 -3 weeks ago.

Zong customer chat and support have absolutely no clue and keep on giving repeated instructions to restart my phone and reset my settings. From their end the SIM is Active and Roaming is still turned on. I have done this several times, changed phones, tweaked multiple settings, and restarted my phone countless times but the issue persists.

I know the issue is not with the SIM itself since if I look for Network Discovery manually, I can find T-Mobile, AT&T, and other networks. The rest of them are forbidden, which makes sense since Zong has their roaming partner as AT&T for U.S based customers. But even if I select AT&T, it says that the provider is unavailable.

This hints that there is an issue between AT&T and Zong SIM cards, who do we contact for help? AT&T or Zong?! 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

@Affanashraf I have chatted with many agents on Chat support and International Customer Support Center but to no avail.
I have sent an email to customercare@zong.com.pk as a last resort.

I would also urge you to do the same so that we can get some priority on this issue. Zong needs to understand this is not a settings issue on our phones, and that it is something to do between them and AT&T.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Correct

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.