For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Tirlittan's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2019 7:24 PM

Deplorable coverage! Paying way too much for this service.

Our family has been using AT&T for over 25 years but lately the service has been absolutely dismal. I work in a popular suburb of Buffalo (Williamsville) and continually lose service altogether (emergency calls only!). If and when i have data coverage, it's painfully slow and spotty. I routinely rely on GPS when visiting clients & prospects in WNY and cannot tell you how many times i have had to pull off the highway just to wait for the data to load or even start working. I have a 50 minute commute home toward Rochester NY, during which i frequently call my elderly parents in NJ. Lately, the line will go dead 5-7 times per phone call, depending on where i am on my route home. I don't dare to call my customers for fear of dropping calls.  I currently pay $240-260/mo. for our family plan, which includes a generous company discount. In 2019, $3,000/year should get me far, far, far more reliable service than what i am receiving.

I downloaded AT&T's mark the spot app to notify them on dead-spaces (there should be none in this area anyway - it's not like this is Alaska!) That was a colossal waste of time and effort. They just kept sending notifications acknowledging that they were aware of the issue. There should be NO dead spots in any of the Buffalo - Rochester - Lake Ontario area. We're paying a lot of money for sub-par coverage in a metropolitan area - it's unacceptable! I had AT&T verify that my phone has all the necessary band- and radio-widths to receive all of AT&T's signals, so please don't try that tired excuse that it's my phone.

What is AT&T doing to fix this situation right now? Based on all the feedback from my friends, Verizon seems to be far and away better in providing strong and consistent signals to their customers. Perhaps it's time we switched?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately, no one here will be able to tell you what, if anything, ATT is doing in your area. The network operations folks simply don’t share what they are doing with anyone, including customer support. The only reason to stay with any carrier is if they provide the coverage you need where you need it. If ATT is no longer doing that, yes, I’d say it’s time to switch. I would.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.