Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Check for service outages
Amiller581's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 3:23 PM

Data roaming in Canada

I contacted AT&T to make sure my phone would work (and not be overcharged) while traveling in Canada (I'm from the US). I noticed that it says I am roaming. I want to make sure that there is no charge for roaming.
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

6 years ago

My understanding is the only plan where it is free is the unlimited plan.  I have always turned off everything when crossing since I do not have. AT&T warns you with a text message when you cross. It is not inexpensive if you do not have unlimited.

Per the website

New and existing customers with an AT&T Unlimited Plan can say goodbye to roaming charges in both Mexico and Canada. Talk, text and use data in and between the United States, Mexico and Canada for no roaming charge.2

AT&T Unlimited Plan customers will need to separately add the AT&T Roam North AmericaSM feature to each smartphone and the Roam North America DataSM feature to each tablet, both at no additional charge, to activate the roaming benefits. The features can be added through myAT&T, online at www.att.com, or by calling AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.