Check for service outages
Neel2019's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 11:16 AM

Corporate VPN issues using hotspot

I have been using my att hotspot to connect my laptop to a corporate vpn. In the last month or so my corporate vpn has issues disconnecting every 8-10 seconds and reconnecting. This only happens when I connect my laptop to att wireless hotspot. I do not notice this issue when I connect to another hotspot or other WiFi networks. I am using an iPhone 7. Is there something going on with the att wireless network and using VPN on mobile hotspots from my phone?  Any help would be appreciated

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have used the following to fix the "VPN Drops every 5 seconds or so issue"- You can manually set the MTU on your computer to 1320.

1. Run cmd as an administrator

2. Run the command netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface

3. Type netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wi-Fi" mtu=1320 store = persistent

Try that and see if it works.

Unfortunately, back about 11 October, I started running into another issue where it would connect and stay connected, but it would only pass and receive traffic for about a 3 minutes before going dead (still showing connected, but not receive any traffic)  According to Anyconnect, it would receive the first control frame, but none past that.  After not receiving control frames for a few minutes, the system no longer receives any data and the distant end of the VPN shows that they're connected and sending, but not receiving any data from my computer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The "solution" (link) posted  above does not work. I had this exact problem. What does work is turning your bluetooth off on your phone while using the hot spot.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've been having the same problem in Oakman, GA but it works in Cumming, GA. same results over a number of different days of trying.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Having same problem for months. MTU changes nothing. Issue is ATT inspecting 443 traffic and breaking dtls connection. Only real fix is to change to ANY other carrier other than ATT. I ended up getting a sprint mifi and downgrading my att plan. Plan on leaving att when phone is paid off.

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, friend. I had the same problem, and it was really awful. I couldn't understand why do I have these problems with my VPN, but I have solved it. In my case, the problem was related to the vpn service that I am using. I was suspecting that there is something wrong with it, so I decided to test it. Fortunately, I have found this site https://vladtalks.tech/vpn/how-to-test-my-vpn and knew how to do it. I have changed my vpn service after that, and the problem disappeared once and forever. I would recommend everyone of you guys to test your vpns.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I've been having the same issue except mine now won't connect...it looses connection after I enter my safenet code and password. I have a Galaxy S22+

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.