R

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 21, 2021 1:42 AM

Collecting rent on cell tower

Various entities have elected to plant an abundance of unsightly monstrosities in my front yard such as an enormous silver street light pole a foot in diameter with a cell tower on top and the associated power boxes so that I now have about 15 running feet of my 30 foot front yard that is occupied by assorted equipment effectively devaluing my property.

I understand how these utilities might be useful in today's lifestyle, but nobody wants all this stuff in their front yard.  However, I seem to have been the unlucky beneficiary of the entire neighborhood's utilities.  Nobody else in the entire neighborhood has this much crap in front of their house. You can bet that if I lived in Paradise Valley, this stuff would not be in my yard.

Since it's unlikely that I'm going to get the city or anyone else to move this stuff in front of someone else's house, I'd like you to reduce the amount of money I'm paying in property taxes to reflect the fact that my property has been effectively devalued by all this garbage planted in my front yard.

Tell me how much rent I'm going to collect by providing a resting place for all the atrocious machinery and who to contact in order to collect a monthly check.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

1 m ago

If the Equipment is sitting within the Utility Easement (and most likely it is), you cannot benefit financially.

Check with your local tax office to find out where the utility easement is.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

1 m ago

@skeeterintexas

It never ends 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

1 m ago

I wouldn't even know how to comment on this 🤷‍♂️.

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.3K Messages

1 m ago

The financial agreement was with the person that owned the house and signed an agreement you are owed nothing financially .

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

1 m ago

The light pole gives it away.  You don't own that land anyway.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

1 m ago

I actually was looking forward to this because I thought it was going to be a real juicy one.   Not

My sister is the office manager, secretary, bookkeeper for a church here in Connecticut. Years ago Verizon entered into a deal with a church to put a cell emitter/or whatever, in the steeple of the church. Verizon pays rent for the church to provide the building, the height, and the electricity to keep this service running.

However Verizon is not very good about paying their rent every month and they routinely will default. When this happens my sister turns off the service. It doesn't take you long before locals complained that their cell service has gotten much worse. Verizon then calls the church to find out what's wrong with their equipment. My sister replies your equipment is just fine, and when you pay your rent we will turn the power back on.

😂🤣😂

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

1 m ago

@lizdance40 I love it! My wife is still chuckling at that story.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

1 m ago

@OttoPylot

Right!?

As my mother would say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I mean they cut us off if we don't pay, why shouldn't they get cut off?  😂

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

1 m ago

what gets me they know its a reoccurring payment just pay a year at a time.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

1 m ago

It should be auto pay, or another $10 a month. 😂

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.