Z

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 9:50 PM

Cell phone service/reception

Our cell phone bill is paid And our phones are not damaged but ever since about 4 or 5 weeks ago we consistently have one or two bars of service, if not zero bars, everywhere in our home and around our city: Elk River, MN. I am wondering if a tower was damaged or what is going on. We run a business out of our city and use our cell phones for all of our phone needs and not having any service to make calls is an incredible inconvenience. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.4K Messages

1 y ago

Not likely anyone here will know. Use the Mark the Spot app to report your poor signal. If there is a tower issue, you should get a response with details. The other possibility is if you have older phones. ATT may have started re-purposing spectrum for 5G spectrum and the eventual shutdown of 3G. What phones do you have and do you get LTE?

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

We have IPhone Xs phones with 13.6.1 software version. Just got them last year. I tried calling AT&T but it was basically a phone bank call center and they were of no help. My phone connects to 5G fine when it’s available and our internet  connection is just fine. It’s just our cell service that’s an issue so I don’t really know what’s going on. I thought if it was a tower issue it would be fixed by now. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.4K Messages

1 y ago

Your iPhones connect to 5Ge which is not 5G, it is enhanced LTE but regardless, your phones aren’t the issue. Calling is pointless, the agents can only report it to network operations. Use the Mark the Spot app.

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

And yes we get LTE

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.