Check for service outages
t3ch_guru2018's profile

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 8:00 AM

CELL COVERAGE

AT&T HAS NEVER HAD GOOD CELLPHONE COVERAGE IN MY CITY BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO BUILD TOWERS I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR OVER A DECADE NOW IVE USED THE OUTDATED MARK THE SPOT APP EVERYDAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY THOUSANDS OF REQUESTS AND THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I HAVE MOVED A TOTAL OF 4 TIMES IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AND NONE OF THOSE TIMES DID I EVER HAVE ADEQUATE CELLPHONE SIGNAL IT WAS ALWAYS 1 TO 2 BARS OR NOTHING THATS SAD AS YOU CLAIM 99.9 PERCENT RELIABLITY WHICH I CAN PROVE IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT I OWN A HOME BUT A TOWER CANNOT BE BUILT ON MY LAND BECAUSE ITS TOO CLOSE TO OTHER HOMES AND MY PROPERTY IS NOT BIG ENOUGH WE ARE ALSO LIMITED TO CSPIRE PHONE CARRIER WHICH THE TOWER IS IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM MY HOME SO IF THEY CAN DO IT SO CAN OTHER CARRIERS WHICH I ONLY HAD THEM FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS BECAUSE IT WENT DOWN MORE THAN IT STAYED UP AND THE RATES ARE JUST AS HIGH AS OTHER CARRIERS I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM AS THEY DO NOT HAVE voLTE NOR WIFI CALLING FOR ANDROID WHICH IS A REQUIRMENT FOR ME AND MY HOME BUSINESS I ALSO HAVE A METAL ROOF ON MY HOME I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY OTHER CARRIERS REFUSE TO BUILD TOWERS IN A LOCATION THAT IS NOT REMOTE BUT THEY CLAIM IT IS RURAL IM LOCATED IN A SUBDIVISION OFF OF A MAIN INTERSTATE WITH HUNDREDS OF HOUSES HEAVEN FORBID ANYONE TO HAVE A WRECK ON THE INTERSTATE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOUR LOVED ONES IF AT&T REFUSES TO BUILD TOWERS AT LEAST SHARE THE CSPIRE TOWER SO WE CAN HAVE OPTIONS THIS IS STUPID AND IM SICK OF IT YOU CAN GO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND PICK UP AT&T SERVICES BUT YOU COME TO MY HOUSE AND YOU DONE REACHED THE END OF THE GLOBE ACCORDING TO THEM ITS STUPID TOWERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ISSUE IM NOT SURE WHO THE RETARD IS WHO INVENTED THIS TECHNOLOGY BUT IT DOESNT WORK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME AND GET A SIGNAL ITS 2020 ALSO 5G WILL NOT WORK EITHER BECAUSE ITS SHORT DISTANCE BASED UNLESS MINI CELL SITES ARE EVERYWHERE ON POWERLINES AND MAILBOXES AND I DONT HAVE A 5G PHONE AND OUR CITY IS LAST ON GETTING ANYTHING WE STILL ARE STRUGGLING TO GET GIGABYTE INTERNET FOR THIS CITY THE FASTEST SPEEDS THROUGH ANY ISP IS 100Mbps down AND 4mbps UP THATS RIDICULOUS AND PAINFUL FOR MY TYPE OF WORK IVE COMPLAINED TO MY ISP ABOUT THAT TOO AND THEY REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ALSO AT&T WONT BRING INTERNET TO MY LOCATION EITHER AND ALSO HAVE LIMITED OPTIONS

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

4 years ago

If AT&T service does not work where you need it to, you need to switch providers. It takes YEARS to get approval to erect a tower and then additional time and a lot of money to build the tower. AT&T will not erect a tower unless it is financially in their best interest.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

there are no other carriers they dont have towers either and I believe your correct its because they dont think they can make money so they wont build and we have to suffer for it im tired of moving I bought this house and its my last move So they gonna have to do something it makes business sense to build a tower if there are no options because thousands of people would rely not only on cellular but also internet just my Multi subdivision which consist of thousands of people alone has the only internet option available imagine if AT&T was available for us and surrounding areas they would be the ones profiting I know I would switch and I need fiber bad

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

You do realize that cell service is a luxury right? Also you have a metal roof that is part of the problem in the first place. Cell signal is limited by trees terrain and buildings that is just how radio waves work.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

in the day and hour we live in cellphones are required so for me its a necessity for me to run my business my house also does not have the wiring for a traditional landline phone they also charge more and its cheaper to have a cellphone and if they build the tower close enough itll penetrate my metal roof or how about use better technology and dont use radio waves we are in 2020 they should be smart enough to figure it out

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

roi in your area must be small. Or the costs where you are are to high. The bean counters decide things like this and it has nothing to do with tech at this point. If a cable company will not run service out to you that means there is no money in the build out.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT OUR CITY IS SMALL AND THE COST OF LIVING IS EXPENSIVE BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO SUFFER YOU CANT TELL ME THAT AT&T MAKES A PROFIT OFF OF EVERY TOWER THEY HAVE EVER BUILT OR CABLE THEY HAVE EVER RUN THATS JUST PART OF BUSINESS ITS CALLED LOSS

• 

1 Message

If you choose to live in sparsely populated regions, there are obvious benefits and disadvantages. In exchange for the tranquility, It is more difficult and less profitable for companies to serve you. Radio waves are still the only way to effectively send internet and phone service wirelessly to a wide area. You can't beat physics. But if you choose to live where you live, it may be up to you to come up with solutions. There are phones that support Wi-Fi calling on the various cellular carriers. It's also very likely that AT&T won't mind you using a cellular booster and would probably even send you a microcell, sometimes for free if you have lots of documented problems and ask very nicely. But even if you have to pay, it might be worth it. AT&T is horrible in my immediate area but I use one of their hotspots in conjunction with a connection bonding VPN to fill in the coverage gaps with my phones since I do dangerous work and AT&T covers some areas in my region that other carriers don't and vice versa. just an instance of sometimes having to engineer your own solution or look into your options. In my case, AT&T does what I need them to even though they would not work well at being my primary carrier.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

wifi calling requires a specific phone that they support and I dont like the choices it also requires highspeed internet which is also limited here wifi calling is also not as reliable because when internet goes down you lose cellphone service and satellite internet wont work with it and im not in a remote location they are stupid I can go further up the road North in the middle of nowhere and get 5 bars so thats a lie all other carriers also refuse to build towers in this location I also can go up the road South of this location and get a signal and its stupid im not moving I also contacted a company who makes boosters and they said if there is no signal it wont work because there is nothing to boost and the FCC wont allow them to make a booster that will travel and capture a signal even the electric company chose to not come to this neighborhood in spite of them being all around us so we are stuck with another company from another city that is ridiculously expensive we have to travel to the office an hour away just another inconvenience because of ignorant companies

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.