Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
carmandale23's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, October 19th, 2019 3:59 PM

Can't connect to network in London

I am traveling in London, and my iPad connects to Vodaphone UK and works in LTE fine, but my iPhone never connects to a network. I have restarted, reset network settings, manually selected a network...but nothing works. 

Any ideas?

thanks,

Dale

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That likely means an account issue, not a phone issue. Do you have postpaid or prepaid service on your phone? Prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

Did you set up both devices for roaming before you left?  
postpaid plan?  
$0 travel pay per use on?

passport or day pass on both lines?

Is your iPhone set to allow roaming in its settings?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It is post paid. And the iPad is on the same account and works. The iPhone is the new 11 Pro, so I am wondering if it is related to that. It worked in the US. I can see the other networks, like vodaphone UK (if I try to select the network manually) but it never connects.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Roaming is line specific, so iPad allowed to roam and iPhone not is possible. Make sure you have the international pay per use feature active on your line. Not having that feature can cause you to not get service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am traveling in China on business and having the exact same issue. I noticed mine right after I received notice the AT&T Carrier Service had been updated. No phone or data anymore. Tried all the resets, SIM in/out, iOS is latest version, etc. Assuming if your issue is same as mine that the latest version isn’t playing nicely with international carriers (or iOS) or perhaps our accounts are now incorrectly not being recognized with international coverage?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I also have not had very good luck with getting in touch with AT&T to troubleshoot. No one ever responds to the chat window - it always says “asking experts” and never comes back. And without a phone, I can’t call tech support. Does AT&T monitor this forum? Or is there another way to get into contact with them?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I set up the day pass for 8 days for both devices. I also have roaming turned on on both.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@carmandale23 wrote:
I also have not had very good luck with getting in touch with AT&T to troubleshoot. No one ever responds to the chat window - it always says “asking experts” and never comes back. And without a phone, I can’t call tech support. Does AT&T monitor this forum? Or is there another way to get into contact with them?

No, ATTCares does not monitor regularly and won’t look at an existing thread.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.