Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
M

• 

2 Messages

Mon, May 25, 2020 3:16 AM

Can’t accept collect calls from jail

I have a loved on that’s incarcerated and I use global Tel link to accept their prepaid calls. Calls have been working fine now all of a sudden I can’t accept calls from the facility he’s calling from. The calls are not coming to my phone at all. When he calls it seems as if I’m ignoring the call. I’ve tried to contact global Tel link, they’ve reset my account multiple times and told me to contact AT&T to make sure there aren’t any blocks on my account. I called them and no blocks are on my account and they’re telling me I should be able to receive the calls. Basically I’ve been sent on a run around from both companies. Anybody have any Similar problems and if so what did u to do fix the problem? Help !!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T has absolutely nothing to do with this. You have to work it out with the jails prepaid calling system.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40  I’ve spoken with the jails prepaid calling system which is global Tel link and they’re telling me to contact att. When I contacted AT&T they told me to contact global Tel link so I’m just getting the run around.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

Global tech is 100% responsible.
The only way for calls from jail to go to a cell phone is with a prepaid phone service. It is not possible to accept collect calls on a cell phone, but it is possible to receive prepaid calls.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question