Check for service outages
T

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 9:32 PM

BLU VIVI XI+ No LTE but HSPA+ Only? WHY!

Why am I paying for LTE serviced on prepaid and a unlocked phone that is well capable of LTE bands but was told by CS Rep that because it is UNLOCKED that I will not get LTE. I will have to buy a ATT Approved phone.

This is bullocks and unacceptable. I've dealt with horrible data for over 6 months thinking it was my old phone jsut to find out that it is ATT itself.

How about we get this corrected ASAP!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Being unlocked is not the reason. Either that phone is not compatible with ATT’s network or the imei is not recognized as an LTE device. The latter is more likely. That happens a lot with foreign phones. FYI, you aren’t paying for LTE. Whatever plan you have is the same price whether you get LTE or not.

• 

4 Messages

Not what 2 different reps told me. Both said because I do not have a carrier locked phone is why I'm being throttled.

This phone has every band needed for LTE services and speeds.

Verizon rep has confirmed they can offer true LTE on this phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Believe what you want but those reps are wrong. If you have access to another phone, you may be able to activate LTE by putting your SIM card into an ATT phone. Once your account is updated with an imei that is recognized as LTE capable, you should have LTE when you put the sim back in your phone. At least that’s the theory.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Just read that in reddit. Update IMEI on website from a old phone that is a LTE capable and I should have LTE speeds. Apparently it is a popular work around and works.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.