For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
K

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 12th, 2021 3:32 AM

att.com/acceptmyphone

I got an email from <[email scrubbed]> stating.....

Were shutting down 3g and giving you a free cell phone.

The website address is att.com/acceptmyphone

Is this legit? My wife filled it out but it seems to always have a error.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

It’s legit

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I tried to make an urgent call & was redirected to AT&T instead telling me that 3G was going away and that they would provide a free phone by going online.  This was after 2 people were trying to tell/sell me something while I'm trying to make a very urgent call, while on the side of a road in my car.  Later I go online to my prepaid account to find out the details.  Nada.  Browse around AT&T site and still find not much.  Finally found the ATT.com/acceptmyphone link by browsing online after I got tired of falling down AT&T's rabbit hole.   Typed in my phone #, it sends a code to my cell, type that in...and am immediately taken to a page that says "looks like there's been no activity for a while" so you're logged out.   

As a senior, on a fixed income who doesn't use the cellphone much, but want it for emergencies while traveling, I did notice that it also said somewhere on AT&T's site that I could keep my grandfathered in plan.  Honestly, trying to find anything useful on AT&T's site seems to keep going in circles and I never can find what I'm looking for--and if I actually find something (like the above link) that looks like exactly what I've been looking for---IT DOESN'T WORK!!!  The post above mine, unofficially from an employee, says it's legit.  And the site seems legit, it just DOESN'T WORK.  Type in the code received on my cell to get started...and it logs me out!

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I received an email from AT& T indicating they would replace my smartwatch that is off the 3G, after numerous attempts to click the link that brings me nowhere and 5 hours of phone calls to customer service and loyalty department, I am told that only I can claim it, even though there is no link that works or direct address. When I asked for a phone number to the department handling it, I was told there wasn't a number (of course), however they did try to upsell me on a new plan and an upgrade to a different device.  Time to look into a new provider. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

👋

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.