Check for service outages
syedhhas's profile

• 

5 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2022 5:40 AM

AT&T Wireless Coverage Issues

My phone calls get disconnected and most of the time I cannot even make a call due to wireless coverage issue. I try going outside but it just doesn’t work in my area. I have tried troubleshooting with AT&T technical support over the call as well as on chat but after hours they always say that they will work on this issue and I never get any response back.

Now I have enabled Wifi calling but why should I use my internet service for regular calls while I am paying for wireless services?

Accepted Solution

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I expected this type of response from you. Surely will change my provider. Thanks for your valued response 😂

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

The alternate is switching to a different service provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@syedhhas  Coverage maps, by any provider, should be taken with a grain of salt. They display the area where signal is detectable, not necessarily usable. It's marketing to a certain point. All providers do this. The usability of coverage is dependent on FCC licensing, allowable signal strength, propagation, allowable bands/frequencies, etc.

WiFi-C (WiFi coverage) is what is recommended to improve poor in-home coverage. I've been using WiFi-C for years with no issues at all or incurring any extra charges on either my cellular usage or internet usage.

If that is not acceptable to you, then yes, looking to another provider who offers better coverage in your area is  your only other option. 

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot Thank you for your response yes I understand that and No doubt Wifi Calling works great. 

I quit T-Mob for the same reasons now I am trying to find out which service actually works at my location then I will switch. 📶

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.