Tublack's profile

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 6, 2022 11:20 PM

AT&T Nigeria

My brother is a user of AT&T so he bought me a new phone and add me to his AT&T line, my question is can I use that sim in Nigeria?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

3分前

"paid" indicates past tense.  

If you use that phone which is on his postpaid account in Nigeria, you are roaming. If you signed you up for a plan, he will pay at least $130 extra every bill cycle for you to use the phone. If you didn't sign up for a plan the total could add up the thousands of dollars. I highly recommend you email your brother before you use the phone. 

Roaming is $3 a minute, and $2.05 per mb for data used. Text is 50¢ each.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

3分前

Maybe. ATT does not provide service in Nigeria, you would be roaming internationally from Nigeria if your brother has a postpaid account. If he has a prepaid account, you won’t have service in Nigeria. If it is postpaid, make sure you add an international plan, otherwise your bill or rather your brother’s bill could get very big.

• 

5 Messages

3分前

Yes my brother is using a post paid account and he added my line to it, but not sure if he added any international plan to it, so can I still make use of it in Nigeria because he already paid for the bills 

• 

5 Messages

3分前

Ok so you suggest I tell him to add an international plan right? Is that what you're saying ?

And on e he can get on an international plan I'll be using a limited data ?

But the plan he added my line to which he'll be paying every month is an unlimited plan and we're 3 linked to his account which he pay about $300 every month, so I still can't use such plan in Nigeria where it won't cost any fee other than the plan he already paid for ? Please I need clarification to know what to do .

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.