AT&T Fixes: No Service or Searching on iPhone
Solutions for Text, Calling, and LTE Connections on iPhone
Having the issues below?
- Trouble sending or receiving text messages
- Can't connect to the internet/ LTE network
- Call trouble
- No service or searching error message
Try two quick fixes first
Restart your phone or toggle airplane mode on then off.
If the fixes do not work, check out more solutions below. Have an Android device? Check out our Android Text & Call article.
Reset the network
Resetting the network restores the default settings on the device. Be aware, Bluetooth pairing and Wi-Fi settings are deleted and will need to be readded. You will not lose data like pictures, videos, or text.
1. From the home screen, tap the Settings icon.
2. The settings section will open, scroll down until you see General and select it.
3. From the general screen, scroll down until you see the reset option. Select Reset.
4. You will be taken to the reset screen. Select Reset Network Settings.
5. If your phone is password-protected, enter your code. You will be taken to a new screen to reconfirm the network reset. Tap on Reset Network Settings and your phone will reset.
A damaged phone can cause loss of service
If you started experiencing these issues after your phone was dropped or received some type of impact, a reset may not resolve this as the phone may be damaged.
Other things to know & solutions
- Causes of weak signals - Learn why you may be experiencing drops at home, in your office, or on the way home.
- SIM Card Issues - Sometimes the SIM card is damaged or misaligned which can cause call issues. Learn how to check and fix.
- Mobile Solution Center - Solutions and troubleshooting.
Chat with us
If the information below above not help, we may need to perform a back-end fix, chat with us to get this done.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService