Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Sep 1, 2019 10:56 AM

5G E

I do NOT want to use 5G E signal on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. How do I turn off or block that feature?

And I do NOT believe the benefits outweigh the risks.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 months ago

5g e is just lte advanced.  It's the same thing you having been using.  You need a 5g phone to use real 5g and Att is not selling those to the general public yet.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

7 months ago

No carrier has 5G on in Pennsylvania, at least not yet.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

7 months ago

The only way to turn 5Ge off is to turn LTE off. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

If that is so then why am I getting a 5G E signal in the top bar of my
phone by my signal bars where it used to say 4G? And in some areas I have
been seeing the 5G and other areas the 4G...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

Whatever, my phone is serviced by att and it says that I'm getting a 5G E
signal.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

7 months ago

As stated above, 5Ge is just faster LTE. Your phone displaying 5Ge is exactly the same as when it displays LTE except the data speed should be faster. If you turn off LTE, you won’t see 5Ge or LTE.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

5G is more than just faster, it is a higher frequency and increases the
risk of cancer...
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

7 months ago

@OMA3GKS wrote:
5G is more than just faster, it is a higher frequency and increases the
risk of cancer...

5Ge is not 5G.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

7 months ago

@OMA3GKS   We can keep going in circles or you can read the posts and understand them. 

You do not have 5G.  There is no 5G service in your state.

You do not have a 5G phone and only a 5G phone can get 5G reception.  

5Ge is not 5G.  It’s At&t’s Label for better LTE, which you have been getting all along, it just wasn’t labeled as 5Ge.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 months ago

@OMA3GKS 

Show me a real study that shows millimeter wave causes cancer.  You have a microwave?  Wifi?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

I don't use microwave ovens...
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 months ago

What about wifi?

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

7 months ago

There have been people saying 3G causes cancer and 4G causes cancer. If that was true, we'd all be dead by now. Even if they were right, turning off the 5G on your phone wouldn't do anything, because what happens when you walk past a tower with 5G? Or someone else carrying a 5G phone? Do your own research at reputable sources and stay informed instead of letting your emotions be manipulated.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

7 months ago

@OMA3GKS  Read the article from the link below on AT&T rebranding LTE Advance to 5G E

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/01/att-defends-misleading-5g-network-icons-on-4g-phones/

• 

2 Messages

Cancers will not happen instantly, or even after a few years after exposure. 10-15 years is more close to the actual onset of cancers caused by calcium channels being affected by gHz frequencies. Read the following here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6701402/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6025786/

• 

2 Messages

And cancers are only the end result of a long term systemic illness. Most people are simply unable to link nor recognize symptoms associated with high frequency radiation.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…