Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 23, 2015 1:36 AM

4G Frequencies coverage

I want to buy a MLAIS M7 phone. Frequencies listed are : 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz , 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz , and 4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz . Will this work on 4G in South Florida.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

5 years ago

AT&T 4G HSPA and HSPA+ uses 850Mhz(Band 5) and 1900Mhz(Band 2) bands

LTE uses Band 17(700Mhz), Band 5(850Mhz), Band 2(1900Mhz), Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)

So no, the phone will only get 2 G in the limited areas where 2 G is still operating.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40

edge is still being operated on the entire ATT footprint.  The sunset date for the edge aka 2g is sometime in 2017.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
21stNow

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
AT&T 4G HSPA and HSPA+ uses 850Mhz(Band 5) and 1900Mhz(Band 2) bands

LTE uses Band 17(700Mhz), Band 5(850Mhz), Band 2(1900Mhz), Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)

So no, the phone will only get 2 G in the limited areas where 2 G is still operating.

The phone should get 4G HSPA+ service, as well, since the correct frequencies were listed in the OP.  It won't get 4G LTE service, though.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

You're wrong good buddy aT&T has already cut out massive chunks of 2g across America, some states include Montana North Dakota South Dakota Wyoming Nevada Utah Colorado Arizona New Mexico and more. You need to visit AT&T coverage map and look at the bottom where it says require 3G 4G or 4G LTE handset and it will show a different pattern for these areas.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

5 years ago

@CodeZT wrote:
@GLIMMERMAN76

You're wrong good buddy aT&T has already cut out massive chunks of 2g across America, some states include Montana North Dakota South Dakota Wyoming Nevada Utah Colorado Arizona New Mexico and more. You need to visit AT&T coverage map and look at the bottom where it says require 3G 4G or 4G LTE handset and it will show a different pattern for these areas.

interesting I did not know that last artical I read said they were shutting down in 2017.  Thanks for the info.  It looks like they went after lower population areas.

Get started...

Ask a new question