3G Sunset Updates and Information
As you may have heard by now, we’re phasing out our 3G network by February 2022. This will help us make room for an even better network that will improve your experience.
To ensure our customers are prepared for this change, we have helpful information that will answer some of the most common questions. Please ensure you are checking your specific model number to see if it matches:
- Will my AT&T phone work after the 3G sunset? - Be sure to check the specific model number
- Wondering if your unlocked non-AT&T devices will work with AT&T? - Be sure to check the specific model number
- How do I prepare if my phone isn’t supported?
- Curious about your current phones capabilities?
- Does this affect PREPAID?
You can find answers to these questions and learn more by visiting our 3G sunset article.
Customers still using 3G devices will most likely also be contacted via Email and Text message with more information. You can also visit your local AT&T Store or Contact Us if you have questions about upgrading.
- Some overseas models may not work with AT&T's network. This is a hardware limitation for the device.
- We no longer activate phones that don’t support HD Voice as they won’t be compatible to work on our network when 3G shuts down.
- If you switch your SIM card between devices, make sure the device you’re moving your SIM card to will work on our network.
- If you want to use your original device again, don’t forget to make sure the SIM from the original device will work on our network.
AT&T Community Team