Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 27, 2014 4:13 PM

What's really going on with AT&T and their service?

Hello, I a "loyal" AT&T Go Phone or Pay as you Go customer for the last 3-4 years.

I have had concerns in the past about my billing date moving up every other month but this experience that occured on 5/25 at 6p.m. really bothers me.

I unknowingly went without service for two days.  I was expecting calls from other people and when I did not receive on Sunday, 5/25 I picked up my phone to call and found I had no service.

When I called tech/support I spoke to Janet (so she said) who was not very knowledgeable of the service as well as very inconsiderate of quality customer service.

After explaining the situation of my service to Janet; that I did not have service and wanted to know why since my bill was paid on 5/10.  Janet proceeded to say "your service was interrupted because we tracked 26 conference calls and I can restore your service if you promise not to make anymore 3-way calls.

I asked Janet which is conference calls or 3-way calls and what number is being called?

Janet kept repeating "I can restore your service if you promise not to make anymore 3-way calls."  I explained to Janet I will not make a promise to something I did not do and asked what number is being called.  I also explained to Janet I do make calls every now and then from 6-7a.m. to a prayerline but 3-way calls have not been made from my phone.  Janet replies "I can restore your service if you promise not to make anymore 3-way calls."  I then asked to speak to a Manager to which she reported she was with another customer. 

I told Janet she had two options and that is to either restore my service then or return all of my money back in my bank account.  Janet reported she could restore service if.... I told Janet she did not have anymore options to place my money back into my account now.  Janet then reports I can restore your service ( in the mean I can hear someelse in the background what sounded like they were talking to Janet).  I requested that Janet place a credit on my account for the 2 days of non-service also.  In the end Janet restored my service and then reported she placed a $5.00 credit to my account.

I truly believe AT&T messed up and did not accept responsibility of their mess up.  I also believe Janet realized the mess up and was stalling me until whoever I heard in the background could correct situation.

Whatever the case may be I am very, very displeased with AT&T and am requesting a paper copy of my billing for future references.

I also know one of the contacts I was expecting during AT&T's mess up attempted to text me at 6:53 p.m. (which I never received) after trying to call me received the message "# not accepting calls" due to AT&T's mess up.  How interesting this occured around a holiday.  

This is not over.  FYI

Responses

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

6 years ago

Hello, lroberts1!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would be happy to investigate further, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

guangzl1

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

6 years ago

I can understand your frustration, and I'll explain a bit of what's going on.

First, when you are a prepaid customer, customer service is not the same as if you have an account with att that send you bill monthly, which is called postpaid account.

Second, customer service over the phone sometime is oversea, so sometime they don't even know what they are talking about, so they can't understand your circumstances.

Lastly, employees of AT&T are not always smart. So, you have to do your own research before talking to a rep. If you happen to talk to a rep that knows what he or she doing, then you are on good hand, but when you don't, you might be better off be prepare on your own, and talk to another rep.

Get started...

Ask a new question