Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Loonphotog's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, October 10th, 2021 10:13 PM

Used update my device for my new Alcatel SMARTFLIP. Won't let me make a call..... AT&T prepaid

I updated my AT&T prepaid device via New Device IMEI  got update accepted message.  I still can not use my new phone.  How long does it take for the system to allow me to use my new phone.  Also the phone says it has no phone #.  Why not?  Went from 3G to 4G phone.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Put your old SIM card into your new phone 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Does not fit!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

Then go to a corporate store and pay the $5 for a new SIM.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Did the new phone come with a new SIM card? If so, it sounds like you haven’t activated it yet. If not, you need a new SIM card. 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Has a new sim Card that was activated where and when I bought it.

How long does it take for the AT&T prepaid system to allow me to use my new phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Then the phone should have worked from when the SIM card was activated. Try power cycling the phone if you haven’t already but it sounds like some other issue. 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I tried to use the "Update My Device" / "New Device" on the my prepaid AT&T account.

The screen said my IMEI info it asked for went through.  At this point my phone should work?  Is AT&T just super slow????

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Again, your phone should have worked once the SIM card was activated. The imei update on your account is likely not the reason your phone isn’t working. You’ve got some other issue.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I will head to an AT&T store Tuesday.

Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.