Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
schlueter7's profile

3 Messages

Monday, April 8th, 2024 4:53 PM

Unused plan before creating a Family Plan

I wanted to create a monthly multi line family plan. https://www.paygonline.com/websc/multiline.html 

I carefully read the important information https://www.paygonline.com/websc/openPage.html?linkText=impDetails 

Which states:

• If you have money remaining in your individual account and don't need to use it for optional services, you can contact Customer Care to transfer it to your Account Owner.
  • Can convert back to an individual account at any time.
  • If the Member has a monthly plan prior to joining, the Account Owner will receive a prorated credit for unused days of the plan once the Member joins the account (one per 365 days)

In order to create a family plan I had to change my account from a yearly paid $25 a month account to a $30 monthly account.

When I contacted customer care at 611 I was told that:

I could not receive a transfer of money remaining 

or a prorated credit for unused days on my plan

Or convert back to my individual account.

When I asked who I could speak with to resolve this issue they referred me to this forum.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 months ago

• If you have money remaining in your individual account and don't need to use it for optional services, you can contact Customer Care to transfer it to your Account Owner.

You Don't have any money remaining in your account if you paid for the $300 one year plan. The $300 was used up paying for 360 days of service. I don't suppose you checked your account to see whether or not you had a zero balance? Nope... But you did.

• Can convert back to an individual account at any time.

Yes, you can be switched back to an individual plan, and you would have to pay for service since you no longer have a paid plan because you terminated your 360 day 1 year plan.

• If the Member has a monthly plan prior to joining, the Account Owner will receive a prorated credit for unused days of the plan once the Member joins the account (one per 365 days)

Are you the admin?  Or joining another group as a member? 

This part would refer to your $30 plan. Whatever is left of your $30 one month plan would be credited to the account admin. Typically it takes a few days for that to happen. 

If you're the admin then anyone joining would add to your balance to pay the next group bill.

I'm going to assume that this does not answer the question the way you wanted it answered which was at the remainder of your $300 was somehow going to be credited to you to be used for service in the future. If you had any remainder, which you don't 

3 Messages

2 months ago

If I understand your explanation correctly, I cannot get my $ or prorated service back because I am an Admin on the account and not group member. That is illogical that only the joining members would receive that benefit. I feel misled. And now I have made a $200 mistake. 

I cannot believe that there is no one at ATT Customer care who could understand my mistake and would not be willing to help me correct it. 

That is a sad and greedy business practice.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 months ago

If I understand your explanation correctly, I cannot get my $ or prorated service back because I am an Admin on the account and not group member.

That is completely backwards from how I explained it.  When joining a multi-line group from an eligible monthly plan, the unused portion of the monthly plan is credited to the admin so that they can pay for your service.  

The monthly plan would be the $30 plan that you switched to, sacrificing the remainder of your ($300) yearly plan.   

Didn't you notice when you switched off the $300 yearly plan that you had to pay for the $30 plan because you had no money in your balance to do so?  

That is illogical that only the joining members would receive that benefit.

Again backwards...

I feel misled. And now I have made a $200 mistake. 

That is not what I wrote. That is also not what AT&T wrote.   

1.   Admins are credited for unused portion of a monthly plans.

2.   Your monthly plan was $30. 

3.   You gave up your yearly plan which is not eligible to join a multi-line prepaid group. 

4.  Yes you made a $200 mistake.  

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for your clarification it is the yearly to the monthly plan that is the problem.

Yes I noticed that I had to pay so I immediately contacted customer care and was told it was too late and there was nothing they could do. 

I feel that was very unfair. I made the decision based on the expectation that I would receive the rest of my service that I had already paid for. And as soon as I understood that was not true. I asked for help returning to my original plan. And was refused help. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 months ago

Yup.  Unfortunately that's the way it works.  

That's always a good idea to ask on a customer populated form like this one before proceeding with something if you're not sure how it's going to work. 

I realized T-Mobile prorates its monthly plans if you change plans mid cycle. Other service providers do not

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.