Unable to convert my postpaid connection to PayAs You Go Line
Let me give you the background of my problem
1. I was added as an add on line to my friend and I am currently using this line for past 12 months as post paid account.
2. On 24th Nov 2014 we went to AT&T store near Metro Center and both of us wanted to switch the account to Pre Paid (Pay as you go) line. We opted for $45 Plan with Unlimited talk and Text with 1 GB Data. Since our billing cycle completes on 25th of every month wanted to do this change.
3. The store person did this change on the Primary Phone and he paid for $45 and completed.
4. Next was my turn and I was waiting to get it changed, store person was not able to do it and asked us to contact AT&T Customer care.
5.I waited in the store and contacted customer care, a person named Shawn assited and he was not able to perform the action of converting my account to prepaid and said will call next day before 9 AM MST. I did not receive any calls.
6. I called multiple types to AT&T support but no one was able to convert my account to Pre Paid and mentioned that they cannot help me.
7. All i wanted is change my Post Paid account to Pre Paid which no one is able to help me either on store or in Chat or in Phone.
Can some one please help me understand the issue and convert this account or porting the number to different carrier is the only option left at this time as i have been explaining my situation all over but no resolution