Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
whahuh82's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 7:04 PM

Switching From 10 cent/min plan to Monthly Postpaid Mobile Share Value Plan

Hi I'm using a smartphone on 10 cent/min. plan (grandfathered in) and was wondering, not if it was possible to switch, but if there was any way to use the money on my GoPhone account as credit towards a Mobile Share Value plan, or if all the money will be lost if I switch.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @whahuh82 

Actually, you can transfer your balance over! When you switch your account type to a post paid account, any unused Go Phone balance will transfer over as a bill credit automatically. I recommend doing the switch at the AT&T store, but you can also call customer care for help. Just keep in mind that you will need to call from a different phone as your number will need to be reset (you will of course keep the same though).

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

bizhui

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

7 y ago

Once you make the switch, you will lost all your money on your gophone account. So, you will have to use up all the money on the account. Your option would be try to talk to the customer service rep to get a credit for the amount of money on your gophone account, but they are not required or binded to give you the credit, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask. By their policy, they can't do that do. So, good luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks. I was also wondering if my GoPhone account could be added as a line to someone else's account, and if I would still be able to transfer the money and number over, as well as if there is any fee for doing this.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.