Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
OverseasUser's profile

• 

8 Messages

Friday, April 28th, 2023 12:00 PM

security issue? receiving calls when abroad and shouldn't be able to receive calls

Recently I noticed there were missed calls when there shouldn't be any way to reach my US number.  Is there some kind of security breach?  Should I report the numbers (two from Beijing, China and one from Tampa, Florida)?  Who should I report these numbers to? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

1 year ago

Prepaid is capable of roaming in the following countries with the $35 add-on.

https://www.att.com/prepaid/static-pages/intl-travel-add-on/

Prepaid is capable of Wi-Fi call and text with the exception of these excluded countries:

China, Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Pakistan, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

You mentioned Japan, which has extremely broad Wi-Fi coverage. Which means anytime you are connected to Wi-Fi, you're prepaid phone is capable of Wi-Fi calling and texting and receiving calls and texts via Wi-Fi even if you are not signed up for the prepaid add-on

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Why do you think you shouldn’t be able to receive calls? Where are you? Prepaid does roam in some countries and WiFi calling works in many more countries. Regardless, your phone showing missed calls isn’t a security breach. There is nothing to report.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the reply.

I work in various countries, but mostly Japan.  Two years ago when I wanted to receive calls while in Japan from a known individual in the US, I was told PrePaid couldn't get international roaming to Japan.  Also, somewhat disturbing is that AT&T has sent 3 messages in the last month alone saying that my device cannot do international roaming and to reply YES to find out how to receive calls from a foreign country.  Why after about 5 years since getting PrePaid service am I suddenly getting such messages?

Anyway, the only thing I can do. it seems. is to delete weird calls from history.  

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for that link to the list of countries covered by the add-on.  LOTs of countries have been added in the last couple of years!  I wasn't aware of WiFi calling; I'll have to look into that.  Thank you for the very helpful comment.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

1 year ago

Very welcome!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.