Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
Chad2630's profile

4 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 11:31 PM

Sales employees SCAMMERS

One of att employees scammed me into letting me let him run my credit thinking he was gonna get a sale. I wanted to switch my 4 lines from prepaid to contract. He lied to me saying I could keep my numbers. After he ran my credit he said I couldn't keep my number that if I called back I could get them to give my numbers back. Don't let them run your credit and give you a hard hit before all your questions are answered. They can not keep the same number when going from prepaid to contract when you do it over the phone. You have to go to the store. There technology is more Sophisticated at the store than online. 

4 Messages

1 month ago

The bad part is the company will let the employees lie to the dedicated customers to just try and get a sale

• 

160 Messages

1 month ago

Overreaction much?

Credit checks are soft inquiries.

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

1 month ago

So to be clear, you knowingly gave permission to let him do a credit check, and based on the results of the credit check, which weren’t known until the credit check was run, are upset because apparently your credit isn’t good enough for postpaid to keep your number?  Is that what you’re saying?

4 Messages

1 month ago

I told the employee I didn't want to do a credit check if I couldn't keep my number when switching from pre paid to contract. I said I didn't want to follow through at all with the whole ordeal if I couldn't keep my same phone numbers. That was the whole reason I was calling. He then said don't worry you will keep your numbers. I said can you check before I let you run my credit cause I don't want to continue if I can't keep my same numbers. Then he said I have to run your credit to see if they will let you keep your numbers. My credit is 761. My credit is not the problem. He thought I was gonna say. Oh i can keep my numbers if I call back and ask for them back geeee golly. After he ran my credit then he said you are going to be able to keep them but you gonna call back and ask for them. I said I told you from the beginning I didn't want to do it if I had to SWITCH NUMBERS... ..... so I called a different employee and she said she wasn't going to do anything of the sort until she found out all the facts and she was the one who told me I would have to go to my local store. That they wasn't able to do something like that. Common sense tells me he was just trying to make a sale at the expense of my credit taking a hard hit. I didn't get my credit at 761 running around letting everyone take a look at it and I'm not gonna start today. And yeah take my credit seriously. Maybe other people should also

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

So you agreed to allow a credit check, and now you're upset about it?

Did you not know your credit was poor and likely to get rejected?   

Postpaid service requires a credit check. I had a hard credit check done when I switched AT&T and a hard credit check done when I switched to Verizon.  Both times I was buying phones with installments on some lines.

Come on guy, this is like telling people that you stepped outside when it was raining and you got wet 

As for keeping your phone numbers, you can always keep your phone number. However the process of switching from prepaid to postpaid requires a call to AT&T and request they migrate your phone number.  Or multiple phone numbers.  

If you were told you could not keep your phone numbers and move them from prepaid to postpaid, that was not correct. And you can call and speak to someone and ask them to do that.

AT&T change the progress of migrating between pre and postpaid in December. It does not require a trip to a corporate store. If you spoke with someone on the phone who said they could not migrate with a phone call, they were misinformed, or poorly trained because that is not true 

(edited)

4 Messages

1 month ago

My credit is score is 761

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.4K Messages

1 month ago

Numbers can be transferred. If your score number is good, then that suggests something else in your history flagged as high risk for AT&T.

I just hope you actually called AT&T's official number and not a different one, or went over this with someone who called you. Too many scams out there to be lose with our info these days.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

Your credit numbers do not matter to AT&T. 

Lenders do not just look at your credit score.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.