Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Cleigh89's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 10th, 2023 7:41 PM

Refund Walmart sold me the wrong card

I bought a hotspot at Walmart along with a $50 AT&T prepaid phone card they did not tell me it was refundable they told me I would work for the (Edited per community guidelines) hotspot to get Internet. I do not have $50 to freaking  to throw round. I need somebody to contact me on a refund this is bull. Walmart sold me the wrong thing that is on them it’s not on me. I paid $50 for this card and it’s useless. I took the hotspot back because I can’t even get it activated but this card is the wrong (Edited per community guidelines) card. My phone number is (Edited as per community guidelines). I have the receipt I have a card I have a date I have the time I have always bought I have everything. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

10 months ago

Please use the three dots to the right of your post to EDIT out any personal information. This is a public forum and post information like that is exactly what the scammers/spammers/phishers are looking for.

Unfortunately you did business with an Authorized AT&T Retail Store (kiosk), not AT&T. The Retail Stores (kiosks) in Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, etc are independently owned and operated separate from AT&T, and are not staffed with AT&T employees. You need to talk to the Walmart manager (it's his store), or whomever owns that Retail outlet. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

10 months ago

A $50 prepaid refill card is the same as using your debit or credit card to pay for service.  

You still need a SIM card to activate the hotspot and set up your account. I don't know if Walmart did that for you or not. They should have activated a SIM card in the hotspot, set up an account for you with an alphanumeric password and a PIN code.

If none of this second part is the least bit familiar then Walmart just sold you a device and a refill card and you'll need to go to AT&T to get service.   

You can use the refill card at an AT&T store to add to the balance of your prepaid hotspot account to pay for service. Please make sure you choose a plan that costs less than $50

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.