Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
glory0621's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 4:56 PM

refund on gophone card

I am getting so upset with AT&T gophone. I returned an unused gophone card that was ordered by mistake because of a phone rep. It has been over 2 weeks and still no refund. That card charged me 43 dollars. If I knew it was going to take until doomsday to get my refund I would've kept the card and used it later. I am about ready to switch to another service. I was charged for 2 cards and I want the refund for the card I returned. I called the Sales department and they told me I could return it. I am ready to send phone back as well.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You will not get refund for the refill amount or the gophone card. You may be able to return the device but not the refill

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

This is correct,you will NOT get any refund for the refill amount in your account or on any GOphone refill cards.
You brought it, it is yours!!
This apply to all cell phones refill in USA and all over the world!!
No matter you change to T mobile,Verizon,H2O,Sprint etc etc,the same rule apply!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, there is normaly no refund on gocards but if Sales Department authorizes the return you are allowed a refund on gocard. I was authorized by their sales department to return card for refund. I should've known better to go with AT&T I have had only grief with them in the past.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi glory0621, 

Did you return your device and card to an AT&T Store or though the mail? In most cases if you returned the card in a retail store, the store manager has to go though an approval process to refund the card as they are traditionaly non-refundable once it has been activated. If you mailed everything back it can take up to 10 business days for the return to be fully processed and additional time for any refund to be retuned to your credit card. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Someone at ATT is getting rich off of refill cards that cannot be used. I too bought a new ATT Go Phone and refill card that was useless, because there was no ATT cell phone service where I live, (contrary to what was shown on the packaging). I returned the phone but was told I could not return the refill card, even though the card was unused. I couldn't reach a real person on the GoPhone line because the phone had never been activatied and I didn't have a phone number for it. The general customer service representative I talked to claimed she was unable to help me. So now I am out $45 for an unused refill card. As a retiree living on SS, $45 represents about 5% of my monthly income, or about a week's worth of groceries. I have looked everywhere for an email address to contact ATT, but without an ATT phone number I cannot setup an online account in order to chat or make contact. If only 10,000 people across the nation have run into this problem, that is $450,000 dollars in cash for Att with no obligation to deliver a service or product. What's sad is that that number is probably conservative.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The only helpful information was the fact that I'll never purchase another att product or service ever again

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah this issue is a joke it's a piece of paper with no other monetary value than the money you put on it [Edited to comply with Guidelines] I really wonder how many people there are that have this issue with them but me myself I'm going to see what the local news station can do I'm sure they don't want anymore bad customer service than they already have 

Former Employee

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Because AT&T is not able to honor refunds on Prepaid airtime, Sales reps are typically required to pay AT&T out of pocket for improperly provisioned airtime credit. Both reps and customers must be very diligent and clear when adding new airtime. AT&T PREPAID customers can also take advantage of the AutoPay feature in order to ensure proper management and ongoing service. The AutoPay feature can be accessed and managed anytime by Prepaid customers who visit http://www.paygonline.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Well, this just happened to me!  I am tired of people who LIE.  It started with the very first guy I called on Jan. 2.  He should of NEVER told me I would get a refund.  This is what I sent to ATT on FB today.  Why the run around?  I even read refunds are issued after 90 days.

I am SO Upset with ATT. I lost my phone on Jan. 2nd. and I go and call them to report this and the guy gave me 3 options what I could do. The third option is what I chose seeing how it was more simple for me, to just get a refund. My autopay was to go into effect the following day. He was supposed to process the refund but closed my account instead and had my phone blocked and therefore they are telling me I an not entitled to a refund. 

I called a week later to see if the credit was issued and it was not and I called a second time and what I mentioned above was what she told me that once an account is closed they can not issue a refund. I was pretty upset on the phone at that point. She put me on hold and then switched me to a so-called manager, but it sounded like the same person, an Asian person. I just heard laughter in the background when I mentioned it sounds like the same person. BUT then again, they could sound alike, I guess.

Anyway, after me arguing back and forth with the second person, this new person took down my address and told me to expect the refund TODAY and when I did not receive it today, I go and call again and I got the same old same old story that they can not issue me a refund. Well, why on God's earth do they keep telling me I will receive a refund when in fact they have no intentions of doing so.

What a rip off this is. My auto pay was renewing on the next day and so I did not even use it. If I had known ahead of time that there are NO refunds on auto pays, regardless of the reason, I would never have done autopay but go into my account each month to pay.

I have sent in a dispute with my credit card company and was told that if Att does not respond within 90 days, the credit will remain off as they do take it off while it is in dispute.

This is what I hate about people when you are talking with them online or on the phone. PEOPLE flat out lie.

What ATT should have done is they should have pointed me to a place of their policy on prepaid where it states No Refunds. Now if they did and I was not aware, I would not be as upset, but when two of the callers told me to expect a refund and then I don't get one. Those people should be spoken too. End of Rant! Grrrr.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T has lied to me and I have proof! You know how they record calls for "Quality Purposes". Ha.... I do too! I have an audio recording of them promising me a $100 credit if I activate a new line with my other 3. Well I never got the credit. Months later all they can say is that the promo wasn't valid. I said, "Doesn't matter, I was promised that by your rep....and I have proof". They said "too bad" probably  thinking I can't prove it....They thought I was bluffing. lol......Well the AG for my state has it now. Needless to say... I am with T-Mobile and have never been happier! 4 phones too. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.