Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
jennybakes's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 9:41 PM

Refill disappears

My phone is an AT&T Z222.  I refill the account every month with a $25.00 refill card.  The phone sent a message to me that my last refill was successful in March and my next phone charge will be on April 1st.  On April 1st the phone sent a message that told me that my phone will renew on April 1st, so I bought a card and refilled the account that day.  The phone sent a message that the renewal was successful.  I checked the balance on the phone and the $25.00 card was listed in the account.  The next day the account did not show a balance.  It was zero.  I didn't make any calls yet.  Why doesn't the phone show a balance after every call I make.  The $25.00 just disappears. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

90.3K Messages

4 y ago

If you are refilling every 30 days, you are on a monthly , not pay per use plan.   Only pay per use updates balance each time you use it.  Monthly plans would show $0 balance once your refill is used for service.    If you are not using your phone enough for a $25 a month plan, change to pay per use. You can refill for as little as $10 a month or $25 for 90 days 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

cctraderx

Guru

• 

561 Messages

4 y ago

From your first post, it does not appear that you are on a pay per use plan.  It appears that you are on the monthly plan with autopay that is $25.  After you put in your $25, the plan renewed and your balance went to $0. If you are on a true pay per use plan, yes you would get a balance update and it would be going down each time or day used.  On a pay per use plan, if you add funds before the expiry, it will carry over.  On a monthly plan account, any left over funds will also carry over to the renewal date.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Thank you for your answer.

I have put more money in, more than the required $25, before the expired date and looked at the web on my phone.  I would get a balance after each use.  Would it carry over to the next month if the balance wasn't used up?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for the time you took to answer me!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.