Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
gophoneuser186's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 8th, 2022 2:22 PM

Questions about switching Prepaid plans

I am currently a Prepaid customer on the 25 cents a minute plan. I am thinking about switching to the $30 5gb a month plan, but I have some questions. When switching, can my current balance be used as payment? When starting a multi-line, can the current balance of the person I invite to join be used as payment? Can refills cards be used as payment? If so, can they also be used as payment if enrolled in Autopay? Is there any discount applicable for the $30 5gb plan when enrolled in Autopay? I would also like to know about taxes and fees. When switching, would I have to pay any fees? What about taxes (I'm in WV)? Do I have to pay any taxes/fees when paying with a refill card? Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

When switching, can my current balance be used as payment?

Yes.

When starting a multi-line, can the current balance of the person I invite to join be used as payment?

The multiline account owner pays for all plans. You might be able to request a balance transfer from the member line but otherwise, the member line’s balance is not used.

Can refills cards be used as payment?

Yes.

If so, can they also be used as payment if enrolled in Autopay?

Yes.

Is there any discount applicable for the $30 5gb plan when enrolled in Autopay?

No.

I would also like to know about taxes and fees. When switching, would I have to pay any fees?

There are no fees for switching plans.

What about taxes (I'm in WV)? Do I have to pay any taxes/fees when paying with a refill card?

Sorry, I don’t know about taxes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.