Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
IzumiK0416's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 10:32 PM

Problem with changing plan

I was in 60$/month plan last month and I wanted to change to 45$/month so I paid 45 dollars today at one of stores. Now I'm in 45$/month plan but I got massage from AT&T and it said the plan didn't renew due to my account balance. I called the number and it said I have 0 dollar on my account now. However I paid 45$ today! I CANNOT use my mobile data AT ALL!

When I changed into 45$/month plan on call, it said "your account balance is 45$"before I changed my plan and it said "your new balance is 0$" after I changed.

What's happened with my account? And what should I do?

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

When you still have a balance on your account, changing of plan will erase the money that you have on your account. You have to refill the account after changing of plan, not refill your account before change of plan. You have to call customer service and ask them to reimburse you. However, they don't need to because is part of your obligation to know this, of course you can argue about it. If I was you, I would say att definitely need to give you back the money that they erase because of a change of plan. Hopefully this will help you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.