Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

hme83

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

Wed, Mar 4, 2009 6:08 PM

Closed

Prepaid Feature Rollover

Does anyone know if you have to buy the same size (or larger) feature package in order to keep your rollover feature balance?

For example, if I purchase the $9.99 1000 messages and use 600 before the expiration date, then I purchase the $4.99 200 message package the day before the original one expires - will I be carrying forward 400 messages?  Or will I lose any unused messages from the first package because the second package isn't the same one?  Or will I only be able to carry forward the same number of messages that I bought in the new package (i.e. 200 for this example)?

Thanks!  Any "real life" experience with this is greatly appreciated.  lol.  I kind of hate to try and just see what happens. 🙂

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Responses

Accepted Solution

Patico

Professor

• 

193 Messages

11 years ago

@hme83 wrote:

Does anyone know if you have to buy the same size (or larger) feature package in order to keep your rollover feature balance?

For example, if I purchase the $9.99 1000 messages and use 600 before the expiration date, then I purchase the $4.99 200 message package the day before the original one expires - will I be carrying forward 400 messages?  Or will I lose any unused messages from the first package because the second package isn't the same one?  Or will I only be able to carry forward the same number of messages that I bought in the new package (i.e. 200 for this example)?

Thanks!  Any "real life" experience with this is greatly appreciated.  lol.  I kind of hate to try and just see what happens. 🙂

You can mix packages with different sizes and get rollover as usual. You don't lose anything. I've done myself with the $10/1000msg and $5/200msgs packages. The only limitation is (or was) that the new amount (rollover + new) cannot exceed a cap of 9000 messages at anytime, but I don't know if it is still enforced.
hme83

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

Great - thanks for the info. Patico!  I'd hoped that was the case - it may make more sense for me to "buy up" for a month and then "use down" for a couple of months before starting the process over. 🙂
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…