Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
R

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 23rd, 2020 9:07 PM

Prepaid continues to charge after cancelling

Canceled my son’s prepaid phone in Jan 2020. Went through all proper protocol. As of November 2020 My credit card is still billed every month. I spoke to several people, lastly Angelica 10/6/20 at 3:40 pm. She promised it was canceled. I was still charged again. For 11 months I have paid for a phone that was canceled. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

They really do this!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

What proper protocol? The way to cancel prepaid is to stop paying. All you need to do is turn autopay off, which you can do yourself online. If you don’t have account access, cancel the card used for autopay.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I did cancel autopay and will be canceling my card after I change other bill payments that I use the card for. I was told by a customer service rep that I could not just cancel my service but also needed to change my autopay. I did that as well and I am still being charged. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

If you are still being charged, autopay obviously did not get turned off. I don’t know what change you made to autopay, but turning it off apparently wasn’t it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.