Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
biggi_44's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 18th, 2022 6:00 PM

Prepaid account access denied

Why has my Prepaid account been closed? I have two prepaid accounts for me and my wife. As we are living abroad, we cannot use our PP ATT#. While we are away, we are on a 25cent/min plan to hold onto our account, we have been paying $25 every 3 months. Two days ago, a payment was due I tried to access my account to credit it with the $25 but was denied as information at account sign in was not correct. I can access my wife account but not mine it is closed. I asked for a new password or 4 digits # but that does not work as I cannot use the ATT # where I am living. Why can that information not be sent to the email that I provide in my PP account. Then I could use info when I sign in. Please advise by return as the credit on my account has grown and is substantial

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

The way to prevent her account from being closed is to ensure the imei associated with the account is a supported phone and get it updated to a supported phone if her current phone is not supported. You can check the imei for compatibility here:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone

The imei checker is for Cricket but Cricket is owned by ATT and uses ATT’s network. If a phone is compatible with Cricket, it’s compatible with ATT prepaid. If you need to update the imei associated with your account and can’t access your account, call the prepaid international support number.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Your account was likely closed because the phone associated with your account is no longer supported on ATT’s network. Many prepaid accounts have been closed for that reason starting earlier this year. ATT has been warning customers with incompatible phones to replace them for over two years. Unfortunately, there may not be any recourse for you. If you were in the US, an FCC complaint would be the best option. You might want to verify your wife has a supported phone on her account or the same thing may happen to her account. If your account isn’t actually closed, sorry but there is no alternative to receiving a text to reset your password but more than likely, that’s not the issue and you can’t access because the account was closed.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for suggesting probable reason why I cannot access my account. Concerning my wife’s account there is a “Catch 22” situation my wife cannot verify that her phone is supportive as her AT&T SIM is not active where we are living, we cannot change the reg phone through the internet. Any suggestions on how I can protect here account with out having to travel to the States

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.