Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
elarah's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 2:06 AM

My GoPhone account is disconnected? Just set up the plan 2 weeks ago...

Okay... so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. About 2 weeks ago I purchased a new iPhone 6 (from a friend) and I switched companies from Verizon to AT&T. It was a brand new iPhone, still in the packaging and everything, my friend just upgraded her phone though so she didn't need this one anymore.

After going through a hassle at Verizon, trying to switch my old phone over to this new one, they told me they couldn't do it, because it was an AT&T phone. (Apple said it was unlocked, but it's whatever, I don't mind the switch.)

So I went to AT&T and they told me it was no problem switching my account from Verizon, I could even keep my number! (What a bonus, because I just recently memorized it.) In store, they put a new sim card in the phone and I set up a GoPhone plan and I paid the $45 for it on the spot and even made a call to see if the phone was activated and the call went through! But I have not been able to use data at all, even that day when I had just paid for my plan. I thought it was just because it was a new account and it would take a little time to process, but 2 weeks later and my data still does not work. 

(Now I bet you're thinking, why did you wait 2 weeks to do anything? Listen.. I live in the middle of nowhere and I have absolutely no service on my phone anywhere I go. Everything on the phone works with wifi, and I rarely go places without wifi, so I don't need to use my data much.)

Anyways.. the point is, I just tried to log into my GoPhone account a few minutes ago and it said it had been disconnected. I just want to know why? And I want to know why I can't use data on my phone when I just set up the plan 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@elarah wrote:

Okay... so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. About 2 weeks ago I purchased a new iPhone 6 (from a friend) and I switched companies from Verizon to AT&T. It was a brand new iPhone, still in the packaging and everything, my friend just upgraded her phone though so she didn't need this one anymore.

After going through a hassle at Verizon, trying to switch my old phone over to this new one, they told me they couldn't do it, because it was an AT&T phone. (Apple said it was unlocked, but it's whatever, I don't mind the switch.)

So I went to AT&T and they told me it was no problem switching my account from Verizon, I could even keep my number! (What a bonus, because I just recently memorized it.) In store, they put a new sim card in the phone and I set up a GoPhone plan and I paid the $45 for it on the spot and even made a call to see if the phone was activated and the call went through! But I have not been able to use data at all, even that day when I had just paid for my plan. I thought it was just because it was a new account and it would take a little time to process, but 2 weeks later and my data still does not work. 

(Now I bet you're thinking, why did you wait 2 weeks to do anything? Listen.. I live in the middle of nowhere and I have absolutely no service on my phone anywhere I go. Everything on the phone works with wifi, and I rarely go places without wifi, so I don't need to use my data much.)

Anyways.. the point is, I just tried to log into my GoPhone account a few minutes ago and it said it had been disconnected. I just want to know why? And I want to know why I can't use data on my phone when I just set up the plan 2 weeks ago.

The only person who would know that answer would be AT&T Customer Service. You can reach go phone customer service at 1-800-901-9878 or you can post on AT&T Facbook or Twitter and one of their soical media people should be able to find out what is happening as well.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.