Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
elarah's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 2:06 AM

My GoPhone account is disconnected? Just set up the plan 2 weeks ago...

Okay... so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. About 2 weeks ago I purchased a new iPhone 6 (from a friend) and I switched companies from Verizon to AT&T. It was a brand new iPhone, still in the packaging and everything, my friend just upgraded her phone though so she didn't need this one anymore.

After going through a hassle at Verizon, trying to switch my old phone over to this new one, they told me they couldn't do it, because it was an AT&T phone. (Apple said it was unlocked, but it's whatever, I don't mind the switch.)

So I went to AT&T and they told me it was no problem switching my account from Verizon, I could even keep my number! (What a bonus, because I just recently memorized it.) In store, they put a new sim card in the phone and I set up a GoPhone plan and I paid the $45 for it on the spot and even made a call to see if the phone was activated and the call went through! But I have not been able to use data at all, even that day when I had just paid for my plan. I thought it was just because it was a new account and it would take a little time to process, but 2 weeks later and my data still does not work. 

(Now I bet you're thinking, why did you wait 2 weeks to do anything? Listen.. I live in the middle of nowhere and I have absolutely no service on my phone anywhere I go. Everything on the phone works with wifi, and I rarely go places without wifi, so I don't need to use my data much.)

Anyways.. the point is, I just tried to log into my GoPhone account a few minutes ago and it said it had been disconnected. I just want to know why? And I want to know why I can't use data on my phone when I just set up the plan 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@elarah wrote:

Okay... so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. About 2 weeks ago I purchased a new iPhone 6 (from a friend) and I switched companies from Verizon to AT&T. It was a brand new iPhone, still in the packaging and everything, my friend just upgraded her phone though so she didn't need this one anymore.

After going through a hassle at Verizon, trying to switch my old phone over to this new one, they told me they couldn't do it, because it was an AT&T phone. (Apple said it was unlocked, but it's whatever, I don't mind the switch.)

So I went to AT&T and they told me it was no problem switching my account from Verizon, I could even keep my number! (What a bonus, because I just recently memorized it.) In store, they put a new sim card in the phone and I set up a GoPhone plan and I paid the $45 for it on the spot and even made a call to see if the phone was activated and the call went through! But I have not been able to use data at all, even that day when I had just paid for my plan. I thought it was just because it was a new account and it would take a little time to process, but 2 weeks later and my data still does not work. 

(Now I bet you're thinking, why did you wait 2 weeks to do anything? Listen.. I live in the middle of nowhere and I have absolutely no service on my phone anywhere I go. Everything on the phone works with wifi, and I rarely go places without wifi, so I don't need to use my data much.)

Anyways.. the point is, I just tried to log into my GoPhone account a few minutes ago and it said it had been disconnected. I just want to know why? And I want to know why I can't use data on my phone when I just set up the plan 2 weeks ago.

The only person who would know that answer would be AT&T Customer Service. You can reach go phone customer service at 1-800-901-9878 or you can post on AT&T Facbook or Twitter and one of their soical media people should be able to find out what is happening as well.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.